• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Problem With Ebay And Oakley Sellers.

tarheel7734

Oakley Expert
Texas
Well past few days I have been searching ebay for items. Problem I am finding is majority of people selling oakley's are breaking ebays terms of service. If you did nto know keyword spamming is browser and search manipulation and complete against ebay's policies. If you have no clue what I am talking about I will give you an example. I am looking for a pair of Romeo 2 sunglasses. People selling other sunglasses will put romeo, juliet, xx or multiple tarms that have nothing to do with the ones actually listed. It really irritates the hell out of me that I have to shuffle through many pages of items that have nothing to do with what I am looking for. Now every time I see it I report it to ebay.

I understand your frustration some things that might help is doing a keyword search and using the delete or skip feature. I have a general search set up for Oakley but to eliminate things I dont want to see like aftermarket replacement lenses I set my search up to delete those listings. I dont know what they call it but you put in your like this.. Oakley and then -(whatever you dont want to see) and it filters the search.

I know it was just an example but I did your Romeo 2 search, got 38 hits or which 32 were mostly replacement lenses, 5 were Romeo 2s and one 1.

Not to hard to look through, I guess if you dont want to wade through all the listings you need to be more specific with your search like color and edition models, but then again, you run the risk of missing something mis identified by the seller this way too...

Well past few days I have been searching ebay for items. Problem I am finding is majority of people selling oakley's are breaking ebays terms of service. If you did nto know keyword spamming is browser and search manipulation and complete against ebay's policies. If you have no clue what I am talking about I will give you an example. I am looking for a pair of Romeo 2 sunglasses. People selling other sunglasses will put romeo, juliet, xx or multiple tarms that have nothing to do with the ones actually listed. It really irritates the hell out of me that I have to shuffle through many pages of items that have nothing to do with what I am looking for. Now every time I see it I report it to ebay.

if you're buying, then do so or quit complaining

I understand your point...but this is not a policy ebay is actively enforcing-I've even had discussions with eBay customer service that they are considering modifying the policy if not eliminating it altogether. Yes its on the books but ebay has bigger things to worry about than this and frankly I'm glad....because I do this myself as a seller and I'm glad others do it. I've purchased items because I was searching for a different model and had something else popped up that I also wanted but wasn't actively looking for. And as a seller, the same concept works in your favor and, IMO, the buyers favor. You can report it if you like but these are not priority violations plus most sellers use the word NOT before the other keywords which is a loophole that technically keeps the listing within policy. If you want to blame anything for this, blame ebays new increased character count on the listing title that allows sellers to include longer titles loaded with keywords

sorry about it, is just that I'm sick of ebay buyers that think that we sellers are *******s, I tag my listings with tons of oakley names just to be found, not with the intention of misleading and if a buyer is slow, and by slow I meant stupid, then is not my problem, everybody has the right to do or not do things as well as express him or herself and if you think I'm being insultive then, cool, you can believe whatever you want. Freedom os speech after all

Very unproductive and negative comment. Please be courteous.

unproductive? that's your point of view, I'm trying to produce so mature thinking here, so much for unproductive. And courteous? I'm not trying to get into anyone's delicacies, so have at it

sorry about it, is just that I'm sick of ebay buyers that think that we sellers are *******s, I tag my listings with tons of oakley names just to be found, not with the intention of misleading and if a buyer is slow, and by slow I meant stupid, then is not my problem, everybody has the right to do or not do things as well as express him or herself and if you think I'm being insultive then, cool, you can believe whatever you want. Freedom os speech after all

So your objective on the first day of joining this forum is to bash people and be negative? Wow! Thats exactly what makes forums become unfriendly and unproductive.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is your first time joining a forum. Just show a little courtesy to the current members by posting an intro post and maybe some productive conversation before bashing members.

Back