• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question for UK based X Metal owners on repair shop

Just so we're all clear, this only took a TINY amount of pressure to shear off. Use the wrong flex couplers and the holes don't line up properly Don't take your time and this happens. Save your self a headache, if you're a DIYer, use quality parts like those form the guys I mentioned above.
IMG_4157.JPG

Just so we're all clear, this only took a TINY amount of pressure to shear off. Use the wrong flex couplers and the holes don't line up properly Don't take your time and this happens. Save your self a headache, if you're a DIYer, use quality parts like those form the guys I mentioned above.
View attachment 334070
Ouch! Is all I can say on that. Such a small thing, yet it is enough to kill the sunglasses.

I would love to do this myself, but without appropriate tools I am not really prepared to take that risk. It looks like my sunglasses will be taking a holiday in the US as and when they need some TLC.

Ouch! Is all I can say on that. Such a small thing, yet it is enough to kill the sunglasses.

I would love to do this myself, but without appropriate tools I am not really prepared to take that risk. It looks like my sunglasses will be taking a holiday in the US as and when they need some TLC.
I haven't even pulled it apart to salvage anything. I just tucked it in its box, said a few words, and put it in the bottom of a case. I managed to do about 25-30 before it happened and have done probably another 20 since so the ratio is still good. You definitely need the right tools though.

Hi
I have just purchased a pair of Oakley juliets x metal. The colour of the frame is quite dark. There is no serial number, would this make it fourth generation.
Also, the lens colour is turquoise although it was sold as ice blue. Ice blue is more darker. Could they be after market lens? Thanks

Hi
I have just purchased a pair of Oakley juliets x metal. The colour of the frame is quite dark. There is no serial number, would this make it fourth generation.
Also, the lens colour is turquoise although it was sold as ice blue. Ice blue is more darker. Could they be after market lens? Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sounds like they are a later Generation frame and regarding the lenses, without pics hard to tell but maybe they have been swapped out for different lenses or an aftermarket set. Maybe post your own thread with pictures and we can open it up to other members opinions and go from there. Cheers. Jon

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sounds like they are a later Generation frame and regarding the lenses, without pics hard to tell but maybe they have been swapped out for different lenses or an aftermarket set. Maybe post your own thread with pictures and we can open it up to other members opinions and go from there. Cheers. Jon
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I've uploaded some photos. Your views would be appreciated!

DSCN3349.JPG

DSCN3350.JPG

DSCN3351.JPG

DSCN3352.JPG

Back