• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Men repairs from the UK

Wingnutz

Oakley Beginner
Oxford , UK
Long time lurker in need of some help and advice. I have a couple of pairs of Juliets which are in need of a nose bridge tune up. For those members in the UK that have used the x-man what was the best way to package them for postage - striped down with no lens or rubbers or fully made up ? - do you need to make a customs declaration when sending and were there any issues with import taxes on return ? Or if anyone can recommend a UK repair with a similar quality of repair ?

Cheers

@NuttyOAK13Y or @Wavecloud could help you out if you want England-based dudes, they are both highly respected,
@THE X-MAN is top notch too.

I am pretty sure any of them would be happy to help you out.

Regarding the strip down, I would leave as is but be inclined to remove the lenses, doubt anything would happen to them but they are a piece of piss to remove and aren’t needed to be installed for the repin.

Always got the fear of Customs fees, even though they are yours and you are having a service done on them, might sail through, might not.

A low value declared and marked as gift helps but you run the risk of not having insurance.

Bit of a minefield, mate.

Hi I have a pair of bad man and the arm has broken off. Oakley will not fix them as they are now discontinued. Are they able to be fixed?

Back