• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 Deep Ruby Custom cut Lenses

@Funky-Trixtar
No(sniff) I needed to read that. I was thinking just a gradual black to red gradient (except moving towards the center more red)

I'll perhaps just not ruin a good thing and be grateful for the Jordan mars as they are and work on my custom medusa. Thanks funky
I don't care what dingo says about you;)

@dingo ate my baby

who does.....! lol

Maybe @SolarOracle can add pictures of the edges for @salj838 to confirm if he/she did the custom cut. Do you happen to remember which donors were used, and if they were Oakley?
Thx

I don't think @salj838 did the cut.. It was a guy who sold it to me! Maybe he got it from her.. can't tell

I bought 1 set for my R1 and 1 set for for Juliet X00 Serial because they were has close to the deep ruby we saw in X-Men (Cyclops)

They have the same base curve and the same thickness.. I wouldn't bought them if they were thin as aftermarket

2017-08-21 07.46.13.jpg

2017-08-21 07.47.05.jpg

2017-08-21 07.46.50.jpg

I don't think @salj838 did the cut.. It was a guy who sold it to me! Maybe he got it from her.. can't tell

I bought 1 set for my R1 and 1 set for for Juliet X00 Serial because they were has close to the deep ruby we saw in X-Men (Cyclops)

They have the same base curve and the same thickness.. I wouldn't bought them if they were thin as aftermarket

View attachment 369836

View attachment 369837

View attachment 369838
yeah the edges are rough, i did not do the cut 100% sure.

Thank you for the support
Also spoiler alert
I'm working with a leathersmith to make me a medusa of my own since I am an average joe that can't afford the 1000plus price tag

Out of respect for Oakley he's not doing the center logo but as far as everything else goes it should be pretty damn close

I would be very interested in seeing the finished product. Any chance you could create a thread so we can see what it looks like?