• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
If I recall correctly, the EV design itself was only in respect to the extended view.

The vents have existed in sport pairs for much longer. They're just a given, as vents.

Now vents + Advancer sounds redundant, but I'm thinking enough people are finding ventilation to be an issue with the Radar (EV) series. I personally found it susceptible to fog up at times, like the Jawbreaker.

The only thing that I'm hung up on is why the Field Jacket was designed with no vents. Also seems to work as well/better in this area in my experience.

I agree with u in almost all. Vents and advancer may sound redundant but if after those years they saw, that despite the vents they were still having some fogging issues, they went for both solutions.

Regarding the Field Jacket w/o vents I still don't understand. I have them for MTB and after a long uphill I have to use the advancer almost every time because they became foggy as hell (at least this winter).

Im a huge fan of the way the pitch lenses look on the radar ev. The path doesnt fit my face well. The gap between the bottom of the lens and my cheeks looks awkward. The pitch eliminates the gap and looks more full. My question is, will these lenses fit the current Radar EV frame? Because I love the look of this cut.
I am also a huge fan of Radar EV Pitch...almost half of my radar ev collection are pitches. I think they will fit.

The EV Advancer came out this officially this weekend. Apparently they share the same frame sizes and the lenses are 0.2mm higher from the Pitch one (5.21mm vs 5mm). Anyway I am not sure if the lenses could be exchanged between models.

Do we have more info about this?

I passed on these when I had the chance to get them prior to release. Seemed a bit gimmicky to me.
The frame certainly looks the same as the regular Radar EV...my guess is there may be a difference in the nose clip shape/height that will or will not allow lens compatibility But that is just a guess

56184624_366412547415984_3807501852267668032_n (1).jpg

I bought one of these advancers but I returned it because the sharp curve along the cheeks will leave a mark on your cheeks ( if you have a fat one ) . I ended up buying the the Radar EV photochromic instead.

There are already some reviews on the web:

I am still pretty skeptical about this model as I donno if the lenses are gonna be compatible. Sure they wont but I still keep faith :p

The fact that the advancer goes in some models in a different color than me frame is smth that I dislike as well, it looks like "Steve Urkel" from "Family Matters", that '90 tv-serie or the nerdy emoji from whatsapp 🤓.

I tried these on finally this weekend, finally a full shield replacement for my Radarlocks, will be putting up for sale some of my Radarlocks and my Radar Ev’s for these. HUGE FAN of them, they’re perfect for me.