• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Random Acts of Kindness

Orion

I hit things with sticks....
We always seem to hear about when something bad happens but I like to hear what happens in our world that is positive. So I pretty much never watch or listen to any local tv news.

On Saturday I was walking my on a road we always walk. We walk past a house that has a 120+lb German Shepherd. He's usually on a run or in the house. He wasn't this day. He came around the corner, probably because her heard us. He wasn't barking or growling but he was looking right at us in a full trot and not stopping.

My dog is about half his size and not easy to move when he doesn't want to. Of course he thought it was play time. The Shepherd came right up to us and as I'm trying to get my dog out of the corner of their property before something happened. WHUMP! I hit the ground. I have no idea how it happened but this certainly did not improve the situation.

A woman driving down the road which is fairly busy, must have seen what happened and she drove up honking the horn and turned off the road and wedged her car in between us and the Shepherd. I got up and and started walking away while looking back. I just wanted to put some distance between us and the Shepherd.

She had her window down but I saw her mouth "are you okay?" I waved and said "yes I'm fine, thank you" then hobbled home.

Had she not decided to get involved who knows what would have happened. I'm am thankful she did.

Had it not been for the super busy road we were on, and that fact I was pretty banged up, I would have gone to the other side of the road, walked down a bit, back to the other side, so that when she pulled forward, I could thank her.

Please post up your story if you have one. It could be you, or someone you know.

The lady didn't see you get hit? Glad you were about to get home.
I didn't get hit by anyone, I lost my footing while having a tug of war with my dog. I think it was residual sand on the road left over from winter. The sides of the road it's everywhere on main roads that have breakdown lanes, which this one does.

Sorry if I implied I got hit, that was not what happened.

Back