• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Real deal? Or not?

@IUSTEVE i would if it wasn't in mint condition. Maybe when I retire I'll wear with my ruby X metal juliets. In the mean time it's going on a shelf with the whores. Actually I need a timebomb vault now for proper display.

@kronin323 got it. Just making sure it's going to be ok if not serviced

Yeah the original capacitor is a true capacitor, not a rechargeable battery. So even in worst case there's no chemicals that can leak out. Basically it's almost the same as not having a battery / capacitor in it at all. It won't hurt it.

But it you did replace the capacitor, what it would be replaced with is a rechargeable LiOn battery. Then, since you're not wearing it to recharge it, several times a year you'd have to charge it back up (probably with an induction charger) to ensure it doesn't die completely, which can trash the LiOn battery and put you back to square one. I wouldn't worry about it damaging the watch, though.

Yeah the original capacitor is a true capacitor, not a rechargeable battery. So even in worst case there's no chemicals that can leak out. Basically it's almost the same as not having a battery / capacitor in it at all. It won't hurt it.

But it you did replace the capacitor, what it would be replaced with is a rechargeable LiOn battery. Then, since you're not wearing it to recharge it, several times a year you'd have to charge it back up (probably with an induction charger) to ensure it doesn't die completely, which can trash the LiOn battery and put you back to square one. I wouldn't worry about it damaging the watch, though.

You are awesome sir! Thanks!

Back