I decided to re-do a pair of my monster dogs since I wasn't happy with the original effort. It was the first pair I did and hadn't gotten the hang of it yet. I can tell you that once you dip a pair the stuff is really on there. I tried scraping it off and it wasn't coming off easily. I decided to boil the glasses in a pot of hot water. It worked. After letting them boil for a while you can see everything starting to bubble up. I'd then take a piece out while the others were still boiling and scrubbed the piece with a steel scouring pad. Here are some pics. It's now ready to prime, paint, and dip.