• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

RUBY PRIZM

Both look amazing! Is the Prizm Field a bit more translucent (as in it doesn’t hide the eyes as well)?

Yes. By just a bit.
At the right (or wrong) angle of light, the eyes can be seen behind Prizm Ruby P as well.
It may be tough to snag in a photo, but as I wear either of them, I'll see if I can't capture it in a photo.

So what exactly is a prizm lens.was it created for outdoor sports and a higher light transmission?

I have both Ruby Prizm and Prizm P. Chris cut the Ruby Prizm P. The Prizm P mutes glaire like iridium polarized does but adds much more contrast to the viewers perspective. I put a set of Black Prizm P in the XS I posted in what im wearing today. idk if its the Black Prizm P alone but the depth of color is hella greater than say a BIP. Brighter colors seem to pop much more over a traditional BIP ( greens yellows foliage type colors ) Ruby Prizm and Prizm P have a much different base color over Ruby Iridium. If id have to compare it to an iridium lens id put it close to fire iridium with more redish orange I’ll get you pictures when i get home . Now that I think about it Black Prizm has the same color contrast as Black Prizm P. I have a Black Prizm heater lens from the 2018 mumbo release I wear every now an then

Last edited:
The xs was the final x metal in production. You'd think there'd be more oem out there.

create an account and search for straight link its the perfect donor lens for xs you can also order just the lense. New valve lenses work as well for XS donor lenses. if you dont like ruby prizm let me know i have BNIB Straightlink ruby iridium polarized donors sell you .

Ok so here’s some reference pictures. Only thing different is the prizm and prizm p lenses are not in a frame only one I have in a frame is ruby polar. First 4 are ruby iridium polar second set of 4 are ruby prizm p last set of 4 are ruby prizm lighting conditions are the same in every picture only variable is one set framed other two are not. As you can see the prizm p has a deeper orangeish amber base to it and the colors to me seem ( to me ) muted where as the ruby prizm the base colors more of a light orange to grey base and the colors are brighter ( why that is I’m not sure ) hopefully this helps.

IMG_2762.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg

IMG_2764.jpeg

IMG_2765.jpeg

IMG_2766.jpeg

IMG_2767.jpeg

IMG_2768.jpeg

IMG_2769.jpeg

IMG_2770.jpeg

IMG_2771.jpeg

IMG_2772.jpeg

IMG_2773.jpeg