• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sample Copper Penny

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
I saw a recent conversation about a boxed Copper Penny (or Cooper if you prefer) valuation so I figured that I'd offer this up for discussion. Albeit a decade after it was last discussed, so why not kick it around again? We like serialized, complete pairs as provenance but what about a sample pair? One could argue that a serialized sample like these might be worth more since there are far less samples than actual production pairs. One could also argue less, because samples really didn't come complete with serial matched boxes- they didn't have boxes at all.

I've matched mine up with a box (sorry if you have this serialized pair unboxed in your collection) but do you think value equivalency between a complete retail pair and a complete (?) sample pair? Or lesser?
1686772261065.png

I would say less for a sample pair, since it never can be complete, but not by much due to limited quantity of a sample for those specific pair, if you look at the 24k Juliet and X-squared samples sold for allot less due to being samples
Agreed, but mention that the retail 24K complete set did come with a cooler microbag (rear left) and 24K coin that are difficult to obtain separately. The PC got a regular bag/coin.

1686776207652.png

Agreed, but mention that the retail 24K complete set did come with a cooler microbag (rear left) and 24K coin that are difficult to obtain separately. The PC got a regular bag/coin.

View attachment 1062451
That is very true, most all metals were just black bags except the 24k’s. That’s a cool find on the sample PC, I’ve never seen one except warranty pairs. So I would have to put the sample pair as maybe more then a complete set due to limited amount for those. Seems like they made allot for the 24k’s.