• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Scratches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't say it was, but seriously I wore them 3 times. I badges them afterwards. If there that easy to scratch I'd rather waste 10-20$ a pop than 50$ and actually enjoy them as opposed to hey look at that shelf aren't those pretty. Don't breath on them they'll scratch. I feel like I wasted my money and that I don't take good enough care of my things even though I've babies them since I got them dipped

Your story is a very common one. Oakley has some of the best impact resistance available to the consumer market, but the trade off is that it also has some of the worst regular use durability as well. It's just the inherent nature of the material it's made out of. The softness of polycarbonate allows for it to absorb impact well but the same softness also attracts scratches easily. Mirror coatings are great and cool looking, but anything mirror scratches easily. If you want better daily durability, crystal or CR39 lenses are for you. They don't scratch as easily and maintain their clear optics better. Unfortunately Oakley doesn't offer OEM lenses for these materials.

So unfortunately if you want to have Oakley lenses for their impact resistance, you have to either live with scratches and decreasingly less clear optics through the years, or you better be willing to completely baby them so they stay pristine.

All brands will have positive and negatives. It just depends what's important to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back