• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shipping to USA from EU: HELP

Sorry my misunderstanding - i just wrote about opposite case:D taking care of baby and writing a post is not a good solution;p

Sorry my misunderstanding - i just wrote about opposite case:D taking care of baby and writing a post is not a good solution;p

Yes I know what you mean, I import Japanese fishing tackle for hobby and in the end, here, from 35€up we pay 33% of taxes... Please don't comment :lolsign:

I will comment a bit on this......rino is right, it is impossible to contact customs in any european country , i am not in Italy, but in another euro country, and it´s the same. They are bastards that only are out to collect money from people. If they make a mistake, and they make many of them, there is no way you can reach them ! :mad: you can´t show up in person, you can´t call them !

Then i have a question for the Americans here, why is the US customs so nice/not so strict when it comes to shipments going into the US for regular consumers as yourself. you rarely get slapped with huge fees , like us euro´s, why is that ?

I will comment a bit on this......rino is right, it is impossible to contact customs in any european country , i am not in Italy, but in another euro country, and it´s the same. They are bastards that only are out to collect money from people. If they make a mistake, and they make many of them, there is no way you can reach them ! :mad: you can´t show up in person, you can´t call them !

Then i have a question for the Americans here, why is the US customs so nice/not so strict when it comes to shipments going into the US for regular consumers as yourself. you rarely get slapped with huge fees , like us euro´s, why is that ?

I suppose because someone there knows that like this you can increase business. Here from 2008 economic crisis things are getting every day worst in that sense, probably they think that stealing our money with taxes on taxes (we pay double sometimes, unbelievable) we'll come out from this sad sad situation :headbang:

Don't know how many times I asked to my wife to leave this country...

Because 'Murica Bruh...

image.jpeg

I suppose because someone there knows that like this you can increase business. Here from 2008 economic crisis things are getting every day worst in that sense, probably they think that stealing our money with taxes on taxes (we pay double sometimes, unbelievable) we'll come out from this sad sad situation :headbang:

Don't know how many times I asked to my wife to leave this country...
Exactly.......all the EU politicians wants to help is the millions of migrants that are coming into europe, they don´t care about the original population, people like you and me.......they just want our tax money, and they certainly don´t care about the safety of their own people...everyone has seen that, time and time again !....europe is now a sh!thole, thanks to traitor politicians .
And this time America can´t help us, like they did in WW2........because this time we were betrayed from within.

It's not a case of enforcement (or lack of), as in we could get charged those fees but customs is just slack and lets a lot of stuff pass without charging it. It's a case of policy, where we have an exemption of up to $800 on most goods before customs fees apply.

Why the policy differs between US and the EU would take a rather in-depth analysis of politics, economics, and history. It's easier to say it is what it is. But in general many places in the EU are more socialized (as in having more gov't provided services) than the US and all that needs funding, so the tax burden is higher. Y'all also have that screwy VAT (Value Added Tax) which is basically when you improve materials, like making a table out of lumber "improves" the lumber, the labor involved increases the value of the lumber/table and is taxed. Etc etc.

Back