• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Show Off Your Dogs (of The K-9 Variety)

I do not agree with you.
Science Diet is one of the inferior dog foods on the market. Because it's sold or recommended by veterinarians, it doesn't automatically make good pet food.
Simply clever marketing.
I would never feed my dog anything with over 50 ingredients, 45 of which are completely useless to him.
All I know is I ran with everything known to man to avoid science diets cost… doing research it is one of the few that adds good minerals and other things needed besides protein. Protein has been an issue with my black lab causing her to lose hair during her heat. Too much protein is actually not good for dogs and bag grain fillers are awful for them. In my house anyway science diet won

Have to agree with @TheStig on this, science diet isn't even in the top ten. I've been feeding them Taste of the Wild, it's a good food but they are fart factories 🏭 with both brands I have tried. Maybe I'm just doomed to be fumed
Might try a fish or lamb based protein food… those came in a close second in my whittling down to what worked

All I know is I ran with everything known to man to avoid science diets cost… doing research it is one of the few that adds good minerals and other things needed besides protein. Protein has been an issue with my black lab causing her to lose hair during her heat. Too much protein is actually not good for dogs and bag grain fillers are awful for them. In my house anyway science diet won
The main problem is, that they put everything in it except meat.
Also they do not declare the amount of each ingredient.
The cost of the dog food is the least of my concerns.
Basically you have no idea what you feeding your dog.

Hill's Science Diet​

Adult 7+ Perfect Digestion Small Bites Chicken, Whole Oats & Brown Rice Recipe Dog Food​

INGREDIENTS: Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Whole Grain Oats, Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat, Chicken Liver flavour, Pork Liver flavour, Soybean Oil, Ground Pecan Shells, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Flaxseed, Dried Beet Pulp, Calcium Carbonate, Dried Citrus Pulp, Iodized Salt, Dicalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Pressed Cranberries, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Pumpkin, Fish Oil, DL-Methionine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural flavours, L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene.

The main problem is, that they put everything in it except meat.
Also they do not declare the amount of each ingredient.
The cost of the dog food is the least of my concerns.
Basically you have no idea what you feeding your dog.

Hill's Science Diet​

Adult 7+ Perfect Digestion Small Bites Chicken, Whole Oats & Brown Rice Recipe Dog Food​

INGREDIENTS: Chicken, Cracked Pearled Barley, Whole Grain Oats, Brown Rice, Brewers Rice, Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat, Chicken Liver flavour, Pork Liver flavour, Soybean Oil, Ground Pecan Shells, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Flaxseed, Dried Beet Pulp, Calcium Carbonate, Dried Citrus Pulp, Iodized Salt, Dicalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Pressed Cranberries, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Pumpkin, Fish Oil, DL-Methionine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural flavours, L-Carnitine, Beta-Carotene.
That’s their basic line and honestly the minerals in that list and grains are all recommended in a balanced diet… I have to run with the lamb formula which is even better… the foods that base the ingredients on protein with very little of anything else has been proven to cause harm in the long term. Dogs are like any other living thing and need many elements of minerals, fibers, fats, and real grains not fillers… I use the lamb diet… the words are fancy in the ingredient list yes but nothing there is a filler or chemical that are non organic or gmo

9D0C6685-33F0-417E-8743-9124CC9F2EEE.jpeg

Back