• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

SI Industrial M Frame 2.0 Questions?

HeavyMetalEX1200

Oakley Beginner
MA
I recently purchased a set of "SI" Industrial M Frame 2.0s with Z87+ stamped clear HDO lenses off of Amazon (Fulfilled/sold by Amazon themselves and listed as an "Amazon's Choice" Item). However, as soon as I got them out of the box a few red flags came up.
j8xCTX2.jpg

The box didn't immediately raise any concerns, but let it be known I've never purchased an Oakley SI product before, so I didn't know what to expect.
jyI147c.jpg

pbavtdn.jpg

UKSCkwO.jpg

NOsXXo0.jpg

First red flag, I did not see any Z87+ markings on the lenses themselves. The "cling" on the lenses was the only indication. There was no Z87.1 marking at the top by the "lock" nor on the edges as I had seen online on other sites selling SI products. In addition, the "micro-clear" bag felt different, lacked an Oakley HDO tag, and the draw string was black. It took a bit of effort to even get the M frames in the bag.
PKrM6v5.jpg

JOPB1bu.jpg

The frames seem to have all the right printing on the (UL Rating, etc) however it only has "Z87" and not Z87.1 molded on the arms... The instruction sheet also strongly recommended that the user apply "Anti-Fog" solution which is supposed to be included. My set did not include any solution.

So is this set a fake or were there just some production changes that weren't reflected in older file photos used by other sites?

They are legit.....

The z87 on those lenses are traditionally etched on the very top of them - under where its clipped. If u were to take the lens out of the frame it should be along the top egde.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back