• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Solution for those that have 4.0 display stands

All gen m frames here. If it aint touching, it's really close. No marks on lenses though. u would think they would stick to the same mold. Does anyone have an earlier stand to compare how close it is vs these? Just curious.

All gen m frames here. If it aint touching, it's really close. No marks on lenses though. u would think they would stick to the same mold. Does anyone have an earlier stand to compare how close it is vs these? Just curious.
The best stands were the black stands. They were also good because the footprint was smaller. The only disadvantage of these was that the individual positions of each level of stand couldn't be rotated to a different angle. The reason that lenses didn't touch was because the supporting frame was C shaped, and didn't have a sharp angle like the 4.0 stands had.

Sorry, but I haven't got any pictures to compare, as I only have 4.0 stands with me at the moment.

The best stands were the black stands. They were also good because the footprint was smaller. The only disadvantage of these was that the individual positions of each level of stand couldn't be rotated to a different angle. The reason that lenses didn't touch was because the supporting frame was C shaped, and didn't have a sharp angle like the 4.0 stands had.

Sorry, but I haven't got any pictures to compare, as I only have 4.0 stands with me at the moment.

Me too, only have 4.0. Wondering if i need to try and trade for those.

142B57E8-A762-414F-AF2C-F48D837F30E1.jpeg

4.0 stand — that would touch lenses...

40F846D8-665E-4ABA-91A3-E29CF380E8ED.jpeg

product on the left was excellent. Product on the right had poor adhesive and peeled.

38BEC381-73A0-42E8-92C3-73AB540BEA88.jpeg
433CA3BD-A6E6-42F9-AD7A-BCA45BD9B7E2.jpeg
514E4AF4-7E33-4A63-B38E-7C9F82A64978.jpeg
5DA84947-BAB1-4DAA-8E76-D663FDC086EF.jpeg
3A6A047B-3BCA-47E8-ADF1-BC75C643BA26.jpeg

works quite well. Another possibility would be to shave down the plastic a bit first and then apply felt with adhesive. That way the nose bridge sits better.

@zcrxsi props for the idea, earlier in this thread. Also @Atticus

I have all 4.0 stands and don’t notice them touching any of the lenses, and there are no marks on any of the 30 or so pairs I have.
Same, but it is a recognised issue. They definitely do touch on some pairs I have.

I'm interested in getting all clear 4.0 3-tier stands for my Mega Tower. Is the OP or someone else willing to start a list of frames, where the lenses touch, or are close to touching? Right now, I have all black 2-tier stands, and none of the lenses are close to touching.

I'm interested in getting all clear 4.0 3-tier stands for my Mega Tower. Is the OP or someone else willing to start a list of frames, where the lenses touch, or are close to touching? Right now, I have all black 2-tier stands, and none of the lenses are close to touching.
Jawones, r1 touch and sometimes Juliet depending.

I have since given the stands away to @Poeman4179 so I don’t have them anymore. You would be better of going with 3D printed stands which are cheaper, you can get them in any color and most will let you stack 4 high in an Oakley tower compared to 3 with the 4.0 stands.

Latest Posts

Back