• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Soooo... too bad, dont be mad, man.

• Thread starter dragonvoi
  • Start date
I believe there was a thread on this already. I don't how he would break em unless he did it purposely. I did some testing and was bending them like crazy at first glance at the store it did not break. I am sure if somebody has sat on them especially a heavy set guy it will break other than I think its pretty solid construction. IMO you are dumb ass if you break em like that geeeez.

I believe there was a thread on this already. I don't how he would break em unless he did it purposely. I did some testing and was bending them like crazy at first glance at the store it did not break. I am sure if somebody has sat on them especially a heavy set guy it will break other than I think its pretty solid construction. IMO you are dumb ass if you break em like that geeeez.
lol, Don't do that. I could almost hear the Oakley manager say: "you break 'em, you buy 'em." And now you have a brand new broken pair of sunnies.

I see in the WOAYTD thread that you have them now... thoughts?

Overall they are a nice pair. Some people say they feel solid, but I feel they are more on the flimsy side. By flimsy, I mean this is due to the O matter flexing throughout the frame. The glasses do have the oakley build quality and styling attitude for sure. I wish the price was more around $300 MSRP....400 is a bit too much. Regardless, I still like them enough to keep them. I'll just have this one pair to display/wear on occasions. Just like I have only 1 juliet (serialized) that I display mostly.

Theres minimal light leakage, if anything it occurs more on the peripheral sides since theres no blockage or coverage there. Only time will tell if the spring hinges hold up..thats my only concern. And it did not come with extra different sized nosebombs.... no spares.

Overall they are a nice pair. Some people say they feel solid, but I feel they are more on the flimsy side. By flimsy, I mean this is due to the O matter flexing throughout the frame. The glasses do have the oakley build quality and styling attitude for sure. I wish the price was more around $300 MSRP....400 is a bit too much. Regardless, I still like them enough to keep them. I'll just have this one pair to display/wear on occasions. Just like I have only 1 juliet (serialized) that I display mostly.

Theres minimal light leakage, if anything it occurs more on the peripheral sides since theres no blockage or coverage there. Only time will tell if the spring hinges hold up..thats my only concern. And it did not come with extra different sized nosebombs.... no spares.
Thanks for the update. Will definitely keep these in mind for the future, hopefully a good deal somewhere ;).

Just spent my money on a new pair of XSs. But still have credit on the credit card :lolsign:

Overall they are a nice pair. Some people say they feel solid, but I feel they are more on the flimsy side. By flimsy, I mean this is due to the O matter flexing throughout the frame. The glasses do have the oakley build quality and styling attitude for sure. I wish the price was more around $300 MSRP....400 is a bit too much.

I agree with the $300 price tag. Honestly, I wish no one bought the madman and badman so Oakley realizes that it's too expensive.

I agree with the $300 price tag. Honestly, I wish no one bought the madman and badman so Oakley realizes that it's too expensive.
Oakley isn't oblivious to us paying $900 for Romeos, $600 for XX, etc. They priced it where the market will support it whether we like it or not. Look at how many people who didn't/don't really like the styling bought them anyway. Surely if someone who doesn't like them will pay $400, someone who likes them will pay $400 too. And a lot of people like them.

I have a pair of Madman that has a bent arm joint just by leaning on it for a moment. My mistake, I know, but I was really surprised how badly they were bent afterwards. They weren't able to be closed. Took them into the store and the manger was able to bent out back with just his hands. I've sent them in to get fixed but it's pretty disappointing how frail they are.

Both of my Juliets and XX are bullet proof and have survived worse things than this without a hitch. These new models aren't living up to the X Metal name.

Back