• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Spring hinge broke again, need new frames, help, what wire frame?

Looks like an A-Wire 2.0 SH... They are not whisker, not square, not e, not c, they are not AWire or A Wire Thick (not gen 1 "a wire", not gen 2 "a wire 2.0"). They won't work with the link u provided. But keep in mind at some point Oakley started calling all A-Wire 2.0 spring hinge models just "AWire2.0" and started calling what was original "AWire2.0" (without the spring hinge, gen 2) just plain old A-Wire... Obviously the original AWire with the big long "hammer" earsock isn't what you have either. Hope this helps some.
IMG_20170729_224100.jpg

IMG_20170729_225155.jpg

Thank you very much, bought a pair of 2.0 SH on E-bay, if the lenses dont fit, I will order new ones. It is sad that there is noo cool frames for prescription glasses anymore, at least not in Sweden. Remember when I got my original pair of Oakley frames some 15 years ago, I brought home 4 different pairs of cool Oakleys, not considering how rare they would be in the future. Now there is none, why is there not any frames with that slick sporty curved design, not even from Oakley? A pair of A wire thick 2.0 with prescription transitionals would be perfect. The spring hinge is a weak part, but helps alot. I keep dropping my glasses in the toilet due to hinge malfunction.

Back