• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square invisible lines on oakley lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen it in 15 years of selling Oakleys. Really strange.
reaaly strange but thousands should be like this , i am not the unlucky one
on 15 pairs i have 2 like this

i contact oakley and i will send the sunglasses to them
you never see cause maybe you dont send the breath ( moist ) with your mouth to the lenses
do the test on your sunglasses

Have you tried giving it a thorough cleaning with the lens cleaning solution? I don't mean just with the MF cloth but with the liquid solution. Maybe it's just residue from the suction cup, like a fingerprint...

no but i clean them lots of times with neutral soap
i dont think so the residue come out
like i sayd the grid is invisible i have to send some moist with my mouth my breath do you understand what i mean ????

this is the email oakey send to me :

Hello Jose,

Thank you for your email. I’m afraid we no longer have stock of replacement lenses for the Hijinx model, as this model is now discontinued we will not be receiving more stock of new lenses. However we can offer you the same 50% discount off of the retail price of a new pair of sunglasses from the current range instead. You can view the range online here. If you would like to go ahead with this offer please let us know which item you would like and we can check stock and give the price including the discount. We will then need the long card number and expiry date.

Regarding your Jawbone and Fuel Cell sunglasses, you will need to send these into us so that we can assess the issue you have described, we can then contact you to advise how we are able to help you.

You need to send the glasses to the address below with a note including your name, address, telephone number, customer number and explaining the reason for return.

OEDC

c/o UPS SCS (Spain) SL

Avenida del Sistema Solar 17

28830 San Fernando de Henares

Espana

• Please allow 10 working days from when we receive your item before chasing.

For your peace of mind, using a traceable method of posting should be considered. You can call the courier with your tracking number for confirmation of delivery or check their website.

Once we have received your glasses a member of the customer services team will contact you to advise how we are able to help you.

We hope this is helpful and we look forward to receiving your sunglasses for assessment.

no but i clean them lots of times with neutral soap
i dont think so the residue come out
like i sayd the grid is invisible i have to send some moist with my mouth my breath do you understand what i mean ????

Yes I understand what you mean, you fog them with your breath.

Try using an Oakley cleaning solution; neutral soap doesn't work as well.

Well their lenses never travel through China so I guess it IS Canada's fault. Now that I look closer, I'm actually pretty sure they've just sublimated a waffle print into the lens - everyone grab some maple syrup!

loooool you are funny , but this could be dangerous to eyes !!!!!
from oakley , never expected this , i only detect defective lenses on von zippers never on oakley
i lie i detect some distortion on some polarized oakley lenses , like a horizontal distortion line , and if i move my head i see the image moving or distorting!!!!!

look what i discover on von zipper with a flashlight
i discover this on many pairs of vonzippers , like diagonal flash scratches you only see them with sun or flashlight
this is good to eyes ???? i dont no
ñot even on china lenses i discover this

IMG214.jpg

IMG215.jpg

IMG217.jpg

Yes I understand what you mean, you fog them with your breath.

Try using an Oakley cleaning solution; neutral soap doesn't work as well.

ok maybe with the alchool the cleaning solution have they come out

Not all lens cleaning solutions are created equal; Oakley's solution is formulated specifically for their lenses and should be used instead of other brands.

ya i will use the oalkey cleaning solution
see my last photos from von zippers lenses problem

Yes the grid is present on many pairs as the info I was provided is its used to measure optical center of lenses. Most lenses come as a puck and are cut to fit the frame. It's invisible to the naked eye.... BTW, you only need one thread to discuss this issue, the other one was deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back