• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Square wire 2.0 model #’s????

dingo1799

Oakley Beginner
on a whim the other day I picked up a pair of beat up but straight square wire 2.0’s off eBay. I have another pair that are in very good shape for their age but need earsocks and nose pads in a BAD way. I bought some socks and pads off amazon but I’m not happy with the fit of the socks, so I went to the O website to call to see about parts, but they’ve switched to the luxottica site and it wants a model number. The eBay 2.0s are 71-906G, I’m unsure what my good 2.0s are, scared to try to take the crappy earsock back off to look for a number on the chance of ripping it and being SOL.

Both of these pair are the fire iridium lensed, marigold earsocked silver framed square wire 2.0, and they have to be at least 15 years old by my best guess. I love these things and need to give them some love! Help?

on a whim the other day I picked up a pair of beat up but straight square wire 2.0’s off eBay. I have another pair that are in very good shape for their age but need earsocks and nose pads in a BAD way. I bought some socks and pads off amazon but I’m not happy with the fit of the socks, so I went to the O website to call to see about parts, but they’ve switched to the luxottica site and it wants a model number. The eBay 2.0s are 71-906G, I’m unsure what my good 2.0s are, scared to try to take the crappy earsock back off to look for a number on the chance of ripping it and being SOL.

Both of these pair are the fire iridium lensed, marigold earsocked silver framed square wire 2.0, and they have to be at least 15 years old by my best guess. I love these things and need to give them some love! Help?

I have white, grey, and rootbeer earsocks for sale for this model. 100% authentic oakley earsocks.

@SiRacer420 may possibly have new lenses for this model as well

71-906G sounds like an RX pair, if so normal, lenses wont fit. Your pair sounds like Silver/Fire, there is no sku on it. Does it have spring hinges or no? SH is sku 05-687 and NON SH is 05-680. Neither of these will do you any good though because Suxottica doesn't sell the parts for it. @"TRUMP" definitely can cover you on ear socks and if its an NON SH I have lenses. No Fire but other authentic Oakley lenses. If it's a SH model I can't help, the lenses are not interchangeable, same as the RX.

For Sale - Lenses, all new old stock.

The price of OEM "marigold"/orange socks may make you :headbang:then :cry: then :punish:.
NEW AUTHENTIC Oakley WIRE ORANGE EARSOCKS & NOSE PAD KIT GENUINE RARE l | eBay
@"TRUMP" has you covered othercoloUrwise.
The Chinese silicone versions work sufficiently well, and are "probably" completely off-gassed by the time you'd get 'em.
That **** right there is why I stock up when they’re cheap!

6333B3CB-40D6-4FD2-8C14-3BFABB243797.jpeg

Well, thanks guys. They ARE the spring hinge version, last time I called Oakley about 8-9 yr ago the marigold earsocks were discontinued but still had lenses so I bucked up $90 for a new set and bought a set of black sox.

The eBay pair I have no clue of the history, but it’s got a pair of fire iridium lenses scratched to hell.

The pair I’ve owned aren’t rx, actually bought them off a Matco tool truck long long ago and have been worn almost daily ever since. Sent to Oakley once to be rebuilt after a car wreck destroyed them, and this is the 3rd set of lenses they’ve had, thankfully they’ve lasted this long.

Also have an old pair of unknowns that need the lens and socks treatment too.

Well, thanks guys. They ARE the spring hinge version, last time I called Oakley about 8-9 yr ago the marigold earsocks were discontinued but still had lenses so I bucked up $90 for a new set and bought a set of black sox.

The eBay pair I have no clue of the history, but it’s got a pair of fire iridium lenses scratched to hell.

The pair I’ve owned aren’t rx, actually bought them off a Matco tool truck long long ago and have been worn almost daily ever since. Sent to Oakley once to be rebuilt after a car wreck destroyed them, and this is the 3rd set of lenses they’ve had, thankfully they’ve lasted this long.

Also have an old pair of unknowns that need the lens and socks treatment too.

Custom cuts or aftermarket lenses are really the only logical option if you want to get fire lenses for that pair. Even if you find some new fire lenses for that model they will be very expensive.

Back