• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglass Hut Oakleys - Be Careful

i'm checking my glasses by my own, even in a O-store!
if something should be done right do it yourself . . .

and SGH sucks!

Finally! My SGH angst is validated I would never buy from them...seldom does nearest one have extra stock and the display pairs are a wreck..I am a wearer not collector but don't want stretched, out loose hinged glasses with scratches...thank God we got O store in same mall now with good people who make sure things are minty new

so this is one of the funniest threads for me personally. i worked at a SGH and after working there i would never ever buy a pair of glasses from them. the way they store the glasses is horrible, they put them in plastic bags and cram them all together. depending on the store you go to they keep them in the drawers and its just horrible. as for the people who push prada and all the other crap brands that are out there i was never one of them. always pushed oakley. as for there 90 days to return and exchange things is unreal, we had people who wore the **** out of glasses for 89 days and came back in and said i didnt like them. unreal and they took them back even if they were beat up. like its been said SGH SUCKS. those of you who want to buy from there more power to you but I'll stick to my o-store or vault or online. sorry its long winded but i felt it was needed

In the last 2 months I have bought 3 pairs of Oakleys from SGH (two different stores) on clearance. All 3 pairs were in pristine condition, with no scratches on the lenses or frames....not even any sticker residue on the frames.

Regardless of where you buy your glasses (SGH, O-Store, Vault, Bike Shop, Sporting Goods store, etc.) you should always check them out. If you are not happy with them....don't buy them, or ask for a discount at a price you can live with.

Just my 2 cents.

as a collector one of the challenges is to find oakley sgh exclusives in mint shape and with perfect original boxes, to my knowledge there are 10 genuine exclusives, some of which are very interesting pieces and have become hard to find. there were 3 gascans, 2 hijinx, 1 mars, 1 holbrook, 1 fuel cell, 1 square whisker, and 1 oil rig. some other items started out as sgh exclusives but then became available elsewhere.

As far as I know, Sunglass Hut's return policy is 90 days no questions asked. If I were you, I'd get my money back and go elsewhere.

Besides, you can get all the Shaun White stuff from Oakley's website now.

my closet oakley store is a hour away so kinda drive. but i have several SGH within 15 minutes of me. i picked up the SW polished white w/ 24k holbrook from them becuz i didnt want to wait for oakley to release it. but all my SGH had was the display pair and i would never in a million years buy the display pair, but i gave the guy my number and he said he would call me when they get one in. the guy called me a few days later, and i was back to pick them up. he kept the signature series box for me and everything and since they break down all there boxes to save space, he asked me if i wanted any boxes. I WALKED OUT OF THERE WITH 15 OAKLEY BOXES. you can never have to many boxes to display. so now once i roll in my local SGH every now and then, they always have a few boxes for me to grab and some oakley poster. i always come out of there with some free oakleys stuff:)

As far as I know, Sunglass Hut's return policy is 90 days no questions asked. If I were you, I'd get my money back and go elsewhere.

Besides, you can get all the Shaun White stuff from Oakley's website now.

i had a gift card to SGH so it's my only option for this pair... but yeah you're right they have a great return policy so i just returned them same day and i went online to their website and ordered the same pair.... hopefully this pair will actually be brand new and it better come with the signature box/bag or i'm returning it.....

The first pair of sunglasses I bought from SGH were polished black half jackets with black iridium lenses. I actually found them cheaper somewhere else a day later. When I went to return them, it took 3 days for them to "Have enough cash" to refund my cash purchase of $110.00 I could have gone to another store, but this was 5 minutes up the street from me, and I wanted them to make good on it. It was one of those large mall kiosks, so there business was not as good as the walk in stores.

I always take a stop into the SGH outlet store not to far from me. The employees have no idea, what they are doing. I know I have mentioned this but everytime I go in a SGH they want to clean the lenses on my glasses, with a nasty dirty rag they carry around. Mind you they clean EVERYONE elses too... ewwwww

Latest Posts

Back