• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TB1 in need of a capacitor

A local jewler quoted me $50 for this. The cap alone is $20-25; even though I did this previously myself, this time around (my eyes are 10 years older) I'll spend the extra $25 and have a local professional do this. YMMV

The first jeweler I went to said he didn't work on TB watches, but I ended up taking it to another jeweler that said he could definitely do the work. He quoted me a little more than $50 but I went with him because he seemed confident that he could replace the capacitor no problem. I'm looking forward to getting it back.

The first jeweler I went to said he didn't work on TB watches, but I ended up taking it to another jeweler that said he could definitely do the work. He quoted me a little more than $50 but I went with him because he seemed confident that he could replace the capacitor no problem. I'm looking forward to getting it back.
If you have the eyes and steady hand to do it there it actually a tutorial on here about doing it yourself. The two attributes I listed is why I do not try myself because I have neither anymore... $50 sounds very reasonable. I would expect to pay Zach that or more.

If you have the eyes and steady hand to do it there it actually a tutorial on here about doing it yourself. The two attributes I listed is why I do not try myself because I have neither anymore... $50 sounds very reasonable. I would expect to pay Zach that or more.
Yea, I agree. It sounds reasonable to me too. Especially since that's including the cost of the capacitor.

Just wanted to say thank you to you guys again for your tips for my TB1. I just got it back from the jeweler today and though it took a while, it's holding a charge better than ever. Thanks again.

Just wanted to say thank you to you guys again for your tips for my TB1. I just got it back from the jeweler today and though it took a while, it's holding a charge better than ever. Thanks again.
It is a good idea to put it on a winder and let it spin for a good bit... as you noticed the lithium capacitor takes I forget how many thousands of movements to fully charge to max capacity. I have 6 with lithiums and I wind them for a week each every couple months then pull the crown to stop them when I am not wearing them so the charge holds. Enjoy it my friend! Its a great watch!

Its advisable to not to let them run dry.... better to keep a charge on it at all times

Last edited:
BTW you have to have a kenetic winder not just a automatic.... spinning in circles doesn't work. These guys in Australia make them, the only ones I have found and they are great winders... just be sure to read how to set the watch up in the winder so it rocks and not spin.

The one I have

Cheapest

I never thought of a winder. I wear the watch pretty much all the time except overnight so I'm hoping that helps keep the capacitor full too.

Back