• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

TBII/Auto GB Accuracy & Longevity Discussions & Tips

Added the more important ones too >.>

Y'all play too damn much!

I have all
My watches on a rotation winder. That’s the best way to preserve the movement and gears.

Although the ETA is pretty standard in the automatic game. It does a pretty good job. Mine runs plus or minus 5 seconds. Depending on magnetism mainly. The environment will affect the susceptibility of time regularity.

I have an Omega Aqua Terra 15,00 Gauss. That sucker has been in a 3T magnet with no issues, but the entire movement is made up of non magnetic materials. 6000 dollars later and your balling on a budget.

I have all
My watches on a rotation winder. That’s the best way to preserve the movement and gears.

Although the ETA is pretty standard in the automatic game. It does a pretty good job. Mine runs plus or minus 5 seconds. Depending on magnetism mainly. The environment will affect the susceptibility of time regularity.

I have an Omega Aqua Terra 15,00 Gauss. That sucker has been in a 3T magnet with no issues, but the entire movement is made up of non magnetic materials. 6000 dollars later and your balling on a budget.
My Apple Watch has a magnetic charger.

I have all

Which watch winder do you use now? I now have three automatics so I'm going to have to get one.

Also, no hate on the ETA either. It does a very good job of keeping time! It can be regulated to perform with COSC standards too which is quite impressive.

Automatic watches are great as a showpiece but not the most precise。( duh ) but the most impressive thing about the tb2 is the comfort level is beyond anything else I’ve ever experienced. ( just wish the replacement rubbers were still available) it’s going to be near impossible to keep any tb2 useful for more than 10 years or so when the rubbers start to expire/degrade ( I recommend finding some type of moisturizer to treat the plastic ) or keep them in display in a mild temperate environment.

Which watch winder do you use now? I now have three automatics so I'm going to have to get one.

Also, no hate on the ETA either. It does a very good job of keeping time! It can be regulated to perform with COSC standards too which is quite impressive.

I use a WOLF winder
There are cheaper options. But I prefer WOLF over other brands. Also they have multiple watch options as well. Just your preference.

This is the one I have. If you want to do less servicing long term, investment value and best preventive measures of gear, jewel lubricants, and spring loader failures

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055OCSTC/?tag=oakleyforum04-20

Automatic watches are great as a showpiece but not the most precise。( duh ) but the most impressive thing about the tb2 is the comfort level is beyond anything else I’ve ever experienced. ( just wish the replacement rubbers were still available) it’s going to be near impossible to keep any tb2 useful for more than 10 years or so when the rubbers start to expire/degrade ( I recommend finding some type of moisturizer to treat the plastic ) or keep them in display in a mild temperate environment.

The B01 is the best movement I’ve ever owned. Def more biased, as I’ve owned 7 Breitling’s. Btw the new satin finish b01 chronomat is sexy. Just came out!!!

So I checked with my local watch maker and he said should the movement break or not be able to be serviced in the future, he can do a rotor swap and a date wheel swap as long as he has another ETA 2824-2 movement. It won't be cheap ($250-300) but it is repairable.

Latest Posts

Back