• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Things just line up every once in a while...

htrap2294

Clap Guru
Premium Member
San Diego, CA
Well, I picked up one of my grails this weekend - a mint condition Pit Boss I Rootbeer colorway. I know for some, they do not appreciate the Rootbeer colorway, but for me, it is my favorite. Polished scratches too easily for me and the matte black picks up fingerprint oils too easily.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to the seller on Poshmark for making this happen, as well as @IAMOBS, @Cutch22, and @joecool862

So, this is how it began. On Friday, I sold my Juliets that I've owned for 9 years to Joecool862. It was a tough decision, but I figured I can always buy another polished Juliet. Then, as soon as the Juliets posted, I thought to myself - will I regret this? Continuing about my day, I found a Dillon Drake Black NIR for $80, BNIB. A steal, of course. Offered it to my friend, IAMOBS at a price of $120 because he's done many favors to me in the past and there was nothing I owned that I could use the lenses in, apart from a PBII. I didn't want to use the lenses in a PBII though, as if I chose the Dillon route, I wanted the lenses in an elite frame. Shortly after, I saw @Cutch22 posted a thread for NIR PBI Rootbeer lenses. At this point of time, I did not have a rootbeer PBI, but subscribed to that thread as they were beautiful lenses. Then, somehow, everything lined up...IAMOBS came thru clutch, offering a mint PBI for $380 (non-complete, but did include a non-perfect Elite Box and Elite MF bag).

Y'all are pretty intelligent here, so I can imagine you predicting the next chain of events. Having secured a PBI mint rootbeer frame, I could have settled there and called it a day. Alas, no, my wallet needed to be opened up one more time - there was still a little bit more blood that could be drawn from the stone. I tell myself, just take a look in Cutch22's thread. It's only window shopping - you can imagine with your mind how good those lenses will look in a PB Rootbeer. You don't need to buy them - you have more willpower than that. And truth be told, I did resist...temporarily. Then, I made the mistake of doing some review research on Amazon. To my surprise, I found a one star review. Surely, you think, that would prevent me from buying these lenses. But no, and this is why:
upload_2018-2-25_9-38-39.png

Cats to Catnip, people...I must keep up the sexual appeal - that's a purchase I can justify!

There was another obstacle in my path, though. Could I really justify $260 on a lens, just for sex appeal? I'm a vain ****, I realize this, but I also am cheap. So, I thought to myself, hmm...You already have a Dillon Drake, but you need this color. Maybe, you can approach Cutch for a swap and not look like a complete fool. To my surprise, he accepted with $70 added on (reasonable, as his were cut and mine were not). I didn't feel like taking a cheese grater and nail file to them, as my friend @Jon the Don skillfully has done.

So, now, I've got a pair of PB1, matching Dillon lenses, and an empty bank account. I will update you all on with pictures when it all arrives. I'll also let you know if PB1 w/ Dillons and an empty bank account (JK) really attracts women or not. Perhaps I'll have more success waiting until the next paycheck, but one cannot know how persuasive a matte lens can be until you're a broke dude with cool shades.

Oh, and of course...pictures (incomplete - will update when I have both in hand). Big thank you to IAMOBS for the sexy macro shots. I know, I can be a PITA sometimes.

1AAA176E-1C2F-4282-B451-3E208F2373FE.jpeg

54FE914A-AF80-4DBF-B958-9E38AF7A22D7.jpeg

79B3961A-1041-410E-B57B-8328996128FB.jpeg

CFD2BE50-0044-4F64-80C6-5127288D5996.jpeg

D1.jpg

Missing Details: Dillon lens/frame was not wanted by IAMOBS last night, which is how these chain of events came to be.

Last edited:
Thank you bro - happy I achieved ELITE status as well in the best possible way. The only thing I think that could top this is a C-Six.
The only thing better than a C-Six is a C-Six with Dillons..