• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

This one got picked a bit early, so its Not very ripe yet...

I can offer up new, sealed 4-packs of the OEM MR-16 LED bulbs.

d46766aad86905ae92efa228ca8ba096.jpg

I’d love to see this case being painted Navy Blue just to make it different!!! It’s so cool to have it in that rough of shape. The possibilities are endless. Maybe red white and blue. Do a flag over the entire case??? Drab Olive with some tank designs on the sides.
Those all sound cool, keep going! More ideas!

This one is a bit rough, but all the lights work.. so thats a plus.

Haven't decided what to do with it, but its got some potential.

Has some shelves. The white bottom cover is there.

Has 4 light covers, but one is missing the bracket. Cme with some lights, but none of them fit in the fixtures. What lights should I order for it?
Anybody got a parts list?

View attachment 817696

View attachment 817697
Looks like you are only missing the spring clips that hold the lights into the housings themselves like @Jakeracefox took a picture of for you. They should be standard size MR16 clips.

For the upper lights, I purchased these 6k daylight spectrum bulbs, they are very bright.

For the lower lights, I purchased these 6k daylight spectrum halogens, they are also very bright.
-> Looks like the Amazon link is broken, they were:
Sylvania 21488 - F14T8/D Straight T8 Fluorescent Tube Light Bulb

For the Plexiglass, use NOVUS 3 stage cleaner, it does wonders! If its a really nasty scratch, I used 1000 and 2000 grit sand paper, wet sanded it smoother, then following the polishing process.

For cleaning of the case itself, use Spray 9 de-greaser. Doesn't leave a reside, and cleans the 3.0 surface quite nicely.

You can take a look at the finished 3.0 here in @Nucchem collection display. I brought that 3.0 back from a bit beat up for him.

Good luck! Elbow grease, time, and some libations will return a great result :)

Looks like you are only missing the spring clips that hold the lights into the housings themselves like @Jakeracefox took a picture of for you. They should be standard size MR16 clips.

For the upper lights, I purchased these 6k daylight spectrum bulbs, they are very bright.

For the lower lights, I purchased these 6k daylight spectrum halogens, they are also very bright.
-> Looks like the Amazon link is broken, they were:
Sylvania 21488 - F14T8/D Straight T8 Fluorescent Tube Light Bulb

For the Plexiglass, use NOVUS 3 stage cleaner, it does wonders! If its a really nasty scratch, I used 1000 and 2000 grit sand paper, wet sanded it smoother, then following the polishing process.

For cleaning of the case itself, use Spray 9 de-greaser. Doesn't leave a reside, and cleans the 3.0 surface quite nicely.

You can take a look at the finished 3.0 here in @Nucchem collection display. I brought that 3.0 back from a bit beat up for him.

Good luck! Elbow grease, time, and some libations will return a great result :)
Nice... thanks!

I’d love to see this case being painted Navy Blue just to make it different!!! It’s so cool to have it in that rough of shape. The possibilities are endless. Maybe red white and blue. Do a flag over the entire case??? Drab Olive with some tank designs on the sides.

Yes, More Ideas please! I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet! lol

Alright. I decided NOT to do OD, its WAY better...

Paint is drying. Having shelves cut, Trying to get the windows polished. Now I'm missing one of the light retainer spring things, the door handle and the magnet stopper for the door. What does it look like?

Back