• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Timebomb still best?

FMJ undeniably (IMO) the best due to Valjoux movement, TBII is beautiful aesthetic ans comfortable, though not too flexible with resizing. Auto Gearbox is great design with same ETA auto movement as TBII, but not as comfortable. Can't go wrong with any of those!

As a watch guy, but not one with an interest in Oakley watches, I have to agree that the Timebombs are their best efforts.

I note the FMJ getting some credit but that is to an extent down to cost (and Oakley's chutzpah in charging that much for it) - that it has a Vj 7750 is no real selling point. Valjoux and latterly ETA have produced countless examples of that movement, lots of which are in vastly cheaper watches than an FMJ. You can get one for under $1000 all day long and probably around $500 for a bit of trying.

Liked the TB 2's so much that after picking up a Livestrong TB 2, decided to buy the red version shortly after. Unfortunately, my new Apple Watch fixation is now making my Oakley's gather dust. :)

Know why Oakley (or any other watch maker) made several styles? Everyone will have a different opinion. opinions are like *******s. Everyone's got one. ;)

Nope. Nipples.
;)
@kronin323 can confirm this to be fact. :rofl:

Yeah, the "traditional" saying I've known is "opinions are like ******** - everybody has one, they all stink, and I don't want to hear it."

But the one I've heard more recently, and like better, goes...

"Opinions are like nipples, everybody has one. Some have firm points, others are barely discernible through layers, and some are displayed at every opportunity regardless of whether the audience has stated 'I am interested in your nipples' or not."

Back