• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Travel Advice?

The best way to travel abroad in my opinion is to go to your local bank and go ahead and exchange dollars for euros. If you just take a good amount of euros with you, you wont have to worry about international charges on your card and you will get a better exchange rate if you change your money here rather than doing so in Italy.

Also doing it this way makes it easy to put yourself on a budget and keep yourself from over spending.

The best way to travel abroad in my opinion is to go to your local bank and go ahead and exchange dollars for euros. If you just take a good amount of euros with you, you wont have to worry about international charges on your card and you will get a better exchange rate if you change your money here rather than doing so in Italy.

I never really considered this, do american banks usually have Euros on hand? this is a great idea. thank you!

I didn't bother reading any of the previous posts, so apologies if this is a repeat.

You want to carry a little cash to avoid trans. fees, but not too much to make you a target. Vague I know, but I kept cash for all of my souvenir purchases and used my card for essentials like travel, rooms and meals at major locations.

make sure you hit the coliseum. out of everywhere I've been in italy and france it was and still is to this day my favorite place I've ever been.

make sure you hit the coliseum. out of everywhere I've been in italy and france it was and still is to this day my favorite place I've ever been.

I completely agree... here are a couple pics I took with our point and shoot camera.

DSC01754.jpg

DSC01857.jpg

The colosseum is amazing, I agree. I've been to it a few times since I have been in Rome and its breath taking every time. I also really enjoy Villa Borghese. It has some great views of the city

Back