• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

USPS sucks

I bought something on fee bay and it got "seized by law enforcement" on 7.22 shipped out 7/14 from WA. I got letter with a department to connect with on 7/24 and someone called me back today. I asked what the hold up was and they said they don't know except the needed permission to open it as it was "suspicious". anyone experience this before? first for me!
What illegal stuff did you buy :rofl:

I’ve heard this is in response to COVID and the whole avoiding contact.
That's true however they should make sure to hand the package off to someone instead of marking it as delivered and leaving it. The shipper pays extra and if the package goes missing after the courier shows it as delivered it's not on them anymore. They should at least stop charging for this service as it really isn't being offered.

Meanwhile in Australia.... they asked people with signed packages to pop into the post office to pick them up for the first 2 weeks when covid happened. But now, they just leave your packages at your doorstep without asking for a signature. Lucky for me, I haven’t had any packages missing yet. But I’ve heard some people actually had important packages stolen from their front door.

That's true however they should make sure to hand the package off to someone instead of marking it as delivered and leaving it. The shipper pays extra and if the package goes missing after the courier shows it as delivered it's not on them anymore. They should at least stop charging for this service as it really isn't being offered.
You are 100% right. I came back home to sign for some packages one day, only to be told she was “just going to leave it anyway”. I was going to be receiving a number of them in the days to come and it bothered me a little. But, it all ended with safe deliveries. Some might not be soo lucky with this new arrangement. Kind of sad when the buyer and seller agreed to add this feature for a little extra security!!
I completely agree with you though @ItnStln , they need to quit charging for that.

Meanwhile in Australia.... they asked people with signed packages to pop into the post office to pick them up for the first 2 weeks when covid happened. But now, they just leave your packages at your doorstep without asking for a signature. Lucky for me, I haven’t had any packages missing yet. But I’ve heard some people actually had important packages stolen from their front door.
The Royal Mail are putting it on the doorstep, stepping back and then asking if you are happy that they sign for receipt. About the best way of doing it I reckon and no problem as I’ve been wfh during lockdown anyway.

You are 100% right. I came back home to sign for some packages one day, only to be told she was “just going to leave it anyway”. I was going to be receiving a number of them in the days to come and it bothered me a little. But, it all ended with safe deliveries. Some might not be soo lucky with this new arrangement. Kind of sad when the buyer and seller agreed to add this feature for a little extra security!!
I completely agree with you though @ItnStln , they need to quit charging for that.
Indeed! They're selling a service that they're not fulfilling. To me that's fraudulent, but I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV.

Back