• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vintage M Frame on the Gurney

Vic W

Oakley Beginner
Greetings! My cherished and well used circa 1999 M Frame has suffered a break in the action. The question is, what to do about it.

The temple arm is broken, as you can see. And the color is unusual. Hopefully, I can find a member with a replacement temple arm
to sell ... We'll soon see. The alternative is to sell it for parts, if it's worth anything. Looking for advice.

Many thanks,
Vic

tempImagevdT9Qk.png

Greetings! My cherished and well used circa 1999 M Frame has suffered a break in the action. The question is, what to do about it.

The temple arm is broken, as you can see. And the color is unusual. Hopefully, I can find a member with a replacement temple arm
to sell ... We'll soon see. The alternative is to sell it for parts, if it's worth anything. Looking for advice.

Many thanks,
Vic

View attachment 1073317
Such a shame, l could cry for you. I think @TheStig has this beautiful color way. It is very slim that you will you will find a replacement ear stem in this color, but who knows. Best of luck with your quest.

Swapping an M frame arm is near impossible anyway. They are pinned in place.

That colorway, FMJ Red, is fairly rare but with the condition of that frame I'd say its not worth much.

Swapping an M frame arm is near impossible anyway. They are pinned in place.

That colorway, FMJ Red, is fairly rare but with the condition of that frame I'd say its not worth much.
Actually, I was able to easily pop-out the arm. It looked pinned, but it just has two bumps which allow it to pivot in place and to be removed easily. What does FMJ mean? I hope to find a replacement temple arm. Thanks!

Such a shame, l could cry for you. I think @TheStig has this beautiful color way. It is very slim that you will you will find a replacement ear stem in this color, but who knows. Best of luck with your quest.
How can I look up this user? I'm new here, lol. Thanks so much!

Hi,
Are you saying you have the temple arm I need for my 1999 M Frame in fmj red?
Thanks!! Vic
P.S. I'm uncertain what you are referring to by "stems." My temple arms pop out without issues.

Hi,
Are you saying you have the temple arm I need for my 1999 M Frame in fmj red?
Thanks!! Vic
P.S. I'm uncertain what you are referring to by "stems." My temple arms pop out without issues.
@TheStig said NO such thing. All he said was that he had 2 of them. They are a unique pair. I’m sure that he isn’t going to cannibalize a pair for one stem. Stems are the arms, people use different verbiage.

Latest Posts

Back