• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

VL Lenses Are They Worth It

Yep, thought i'd give them a shot for my Hijinx (company now called REVANT I think)...just to see what up. I used them everyday since purchase, fitted them 12th Aug this year, so not long....the 'mirror' finish is chipped, scratched to hell....had it basically. And the actual optics were suspect....Oakley are, unsurprisingly, miles ahead....by miles. But I'd rather have given them a proper road test as opposed to going on recommendations online. Not worth buying in my opinion.

That's what, a little over five weeks right? My Tangents with Black Iridium Polarized were worn everyday as a cycle messenger in London come rain or shine. Had them for over four years before they were unwearable...and they had a hard life believe me.

The REVANTS look perhaps passable for a bit but soon degrade. Don't bother.

I tried VL in my R1's. It's like putting a 4 banger into a challenger. Zero performance and never fit right. I sold my spare set on the bay this week and got my money back. The new used set of VL's are going into the laser etching machine at school for a test etch.

to answer the OP.....HELL NO! why did you buy oakley in the first place? although there are some that have this reason, i doubt you simply bought them for the frame. to me, putting other lenses on other than oakley lenses is like wearing latex gloves for skiing or mountain climbing. and i think the extra $30 is worth it for protecting your eyes. and yeah, there are always cheaper sources for oem lenses (the bay, cl, dr. chop, infinite hero, etc.). i personally never tried any after market lenses and i do NOT plan to. i actually do not even use custom cut lenses. i want to use factory cut oakley lenses only. if it limits the tint variety, so be it...

its all about the lenses...the fancy frames just hold em in place. Someone did a nice comparison of oakley vs vl lenses

I like how everyone is trash talking VL and yet they are a forum sponsor. o_O
Forum sponsorship has no sway on members honest opinions of their product. If a manufacturer of fake Oakleys sponsored the site would you change your opinion of their product?

Back