• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WATCH This!

Clutch Assembly, and Playless Gear from Rolex Caliber 4130 found inside the Daytona
Image1462837924.548350.jpg
Image1462837938.349094.jpg
Image1462837949.926421.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

View attachment 272290 Well i am swatch guy eversince. They last forever and easy to do a battery change.
View attachment 272289
That is nice.

I go through spells when it comes to watches. Last time, it was a bunch of Diesel. But I must have fallen out of love for watches. I have no bought a watch in almost a year (when I got that Gearbox)... So it's been even longer since I bought a non O watch.

Sent from Q's Note5

nice, they became a fad in the early 90s!

Even before that - at least here in the US they became popular in the '80s...

Back in the days when all watches were mechanical, Switzerland dominated the watch market. But in the '60s and '70s quartz watches from Asian manufacturers took over a majority of the market which caused a serious decline in the Swiss watchmaking industry, which was still focused on mechanical watches.

Swatch was launched in 1983 as a line of affordable Swiss-made quartz watches to recapture the huge entry-level market. They were a success, revitalizing the Swiss watchmaking industry.

I remember back then, when suddenly they were "the" watch. They had this add-on "Swatch Guard" which was a rubber strip running vertically across the face of the outside of the watch, connected by loops around the straps where they attached to the case. They were supposed to prevent the crystal from scratching, but in practice were just a fashion accessory - a rubber strip over the face obscures visibility; in retrospect it sounds stupid but at the time everybody used them. Ah, memories...

swatchguard.jpg

(random internet pic)

Back