• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

An Everyday Saga of Watch Buying on Ebay.

Oakley UK

Oakley Enthusiast
England
I don't what I am expecting to get out of this post but thought I would stick it here to liven up the watch discussion as it concerned a Copper Time Tank but really it could be anything. So one comes up in the UK (not often) starting at £450 with the usual 35 voyeurs . High res close up pics so looks a bit used but that is why they have filters on Insta. I ask for extra pics of tit bracelet - all good 12 links , 3 holes and no buy it now (have to ask). Final min off we go, so I really want one so go in with £970 (real world , UK top end) and in last sec am done with £990 fine somebody really wanted it more I can live with that, but can I (can you !) no of course I can't so I look. Yep 13 feedbacks so I prejudicially think some dreamer or 13 year old has wasted everyone's time - again!!!! Looked back yesterday and sure enough had been relisted, so I go in ready to start again but no was relisted the next day for £500 3 hours later 1 bid £750 (prob best offer) and gone. Well you snooze you loose (probably the right price !) but why not go back to the second highest bidder of the original auction and offer them the option ! Anyway I hope they will be very happy together however I noted after on the pics that the winder wasn't screwed in , I hope the threads weren't stripped !

It's why eBay drives me nuts. I've always felt the 2nd and even 3rd bidder should get next option, especially if their bid was close to the winning bid.
Indeed but of course that is the vagaries of Ebay, there is no accounting for peoples thought processes that is why I shared , so we could all give a group hug !!!! In the long run I was probably saved from myself ha.

Gave up on the yellow years ago, I have all the other colors but it seems all are 2k, didn’t pay that much for diamond Mm’s, anyway lots of other watches out there at that price so I’ll let y’all have at it. GLWP!!

Gave up on the yellow years ago, I have all the other colors but it seems all are 2k, didn’t pay that much for diamond Mm’s, anyway lots of other watches out there at that price so I’ll let y’all have at it. GLWP!!
im sure its been up for a while now, but cool profile pic.

never seen a warrant with a metal band, looks dope.

whats your favorite combo?

yeah, did that a while back and polished jt as well, looks pretty dope! As my kids say.

Hard to pick a favorite, still get more compliments on MM’s, followed by Hollowpoints.

How about you, and we’re talking just Oakleys.

I don't what I am expecting to get out of this post but thought I would stick it here to liven up the watch discussion as it concerned a Copper Time Tank but really it could be anything. So one comes up in the UK (not often) starting at £450 with the usual 35 voyeurs . High res close up pics so looks a bit used but that is why they have filters on Insta. I ask for extra pics of tit bracelet - all good 12 links , 3 holes and no buy it now (have to ask). Final min off we go, so I really want one so go in with £970 (real world , UK top end) and in last sec am done with £990 fine somebody really wanted it more I can live with that, but can I (can you !) no of course I can't so I look. Yep 13 feedbacks so I prejudicially think some dreamer or 13 year old has wasted everyone's time - again!!!! Looked back yesterday and sure enough had been relisted, so I go in ready to start again but no was relisted the next day for £500 3 hours later 1 bid £750 (prob best offer) and gone. Well you snooze you loose (probably the right price !) but why not go back to the second highest bidder of the original auction and offer them the option ! Anyway I hope they will be very happy together however I noted after on the pics that the winder wasn't screwed in , I hope the threads weren't stripped !
Talk with @XxRuMKaxX, he had a nice Copper MM he was looking to sell.

Took that particular one off the selling block but I might could be talked into selling a silver with black subs I custom polished to a brushed polish finish
Cheers for thinking about me (of course I saw that lovely gem) but I am the wrong side of the pond sadly and by the time Theft Pal takes a cut and if my own HMRC gets hold of it , then it is getting pricey. Do have a lovely Hollowpoint arriving at the end of the month though, courtesy of another member on here and my Cousin who is visiting.

Cheers for thinking about me (of course I saw that lovely gem) but I am the wrong side of the pond sadly and by the time Theft Pal takes a cut and if my own HMRC gets hold of it , then it is getting pricey. Do have a lovely Hollowpoint arriving at the end of the month though, courtesy of another member on here and my Cousin who is visiting.
Its all in how you ship it... slide a birthday card in the box and claim it to be a $100 watch as gift and suddenly the import taxes go down... I mean how are they going to argue when there is a birthday card in the box right? 😆