• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Are You Driving ?

Been waiting for this day for about a decade - for my son's 15th Birthday last Saturday, I bought him his first car ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

2004 SRT4

This car was owned by one guy and garage kept for 17.5 years - he sold it to a guy in Dallas who kept it for only 5 months because about 6 weeks after he got it, he got into a motorcycle accident and couldn't drive it with his bum left leg...

So I picked it up a couple of weeks ago - I'll teach him how to drive it and in a few years when he gets his license, it will be his daily driver ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Unicorn car: all the performance parts that people usually do to these things are all stock

Stock ECU
Stock wastegate
Stock turbo
Stock downpipe
Stock exhaust
Stock front mount intercooler
Stock intake box

View attachment 945631View attachment 945632View attachment 945633View attachment 945634View attachment 945635
View attachment 945637
A few years until he gets his license?

Been waiting for this day for about a decade - for my son's 15th Birthday last Saturday, I bought him his first car ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

2004 SRT4

This car was owned by one guy and garage kept for 17.5 years - he sold it to a guy in Dallas who kept it for only 5 months because about 6 weeks after he got it, he got into a motorcycle accident and couldn't drive it with his bum left leg...

So I picked it up a couple of weeks ago - I'll teach him how to drive it and in a few years when he gets his license, it will be his daily driver ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

Unicorn car: all the performance parts that people usually do to these things are all stock

Stock ECU
Stock wastegate
Stock turbo
Stock downpipe
Stock exhaust
Stock intake box

View attachment 945631View attachment 945632View attachment 945633View attachment 945634View attachment 945635
View attachment 945637
Sweet 1st ride but why wait to teach him to drive? There ,must be places to go to practice. Boys should be driving all things motorized!

2004 SRT4

Stock ECU
Stock wastegate
Stock turbo
Stock downpipe
Stock exhaust
Stock intake box

View attachment 945637
He's gonna be that teenager.. droppin the clutch at every street light

A few years until he gets his license?
This was a car that couldn't be passed up...these unicorn SRT4's don't pop up very often in this condition...had to jump on it as soon as I saw it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Garage kept for 18 years - the stock paint is cherry AF...

The front bumper fascia shows it's mileage, but the rest of the car looks like it has 20k miles...

I'll get the front bumper resprayed this summer ๐Ÿ˜

Last edited:
Sweet 1st ride but why wait to teach him to drive? There ,must be places to go to practice. Boys should be driving all things motorized!
I could have been more clear - I will teach him how to drive it within the next few weeks in a high school parking lot or in any huge parking lot I can find...he's tall enough to reach the pedals and see over the hood...

By law he won't be able to drive it in the street, but he will be able to drive it in the street, know what I mean?

He's gonna be that teenager.. droppin the clutch at every street light
Nah, his demeanor is much more calm and mature than mine...

*I* was the 24 year old azzhole who bought his first new car in 2004 and proceeded to clutch dump, burnout, WOT Shift and ebrake power slide my SRT4 straight to the deepest pits of hell...I was influence by F&F, big time...

He's 15 and I trust him more with this car than I did my own self at 24 ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

This was a car that couldn't be passed up...these unicorn SRT4's don't pop up very often in this condition...had to jump on it as soon as I saw it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Garage kept for 18 years - the stock paint is cherry AF...

The front bumper fascia shows it's mileage, but the rest of the car looks like it has 20k miles...

I'll get the front bumper resprayed this summer ๐Ÿ˜
What i meant to ask was, heโ€™s 15, why is it going to be โ€œa few yearsโ€ until he gets his license? Why not when heโ€™s 16?

What i meant to ask was, heโ€™s 15, why is it going to be โ€œa few yearsโ€ until he gets his license? Why not when heโ€™s 16?
He can get a learners permit when he's 16, but he probably won't be driving by himself until he starts his senior year (maybe not even then)

At the moment, we live about 16 miles from his high school (we obviously don't live in a small town and we drive into the heart of downtown Houston every day - 4th biggest city in the nation)...

We'll let him drive on the weekends but I don't think we want him sitting in rush hour traffic when he's 16 or 17, like some adult that pays bills and drinks 6 cups of coffee every day hahaha !!!

He can get a learners permit when he's 16, but he probably won't be driving by himself until he starts his senior year (maybe not even then)

At the moment, we live about 16 miles from his high school (we obviously don't live in a small town and we drive into the heart of downtown Houston every day - 4th biggest city in the nation)...

We'll let him drive on the weekends but I don't think we want him sitting in rush hour traffic when he's 16 or 17, like some adult that pays bills and drinks 6 cups of coffee every day hahaha !!!
Wow!! In Michigan you can start drivers training when your 14 years and 9 months. Once you complete your 2 week segment 1 drivers training you can start driving with an adult. After you log your required number of hours you can move onto the segment 2 class and finish up your segment 2 hours. As long as those are done, you can take your final test and get your license as soon as you turn 16.

Latest Posts

Back