• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

what kind of phone do you have?

What is it increasing to? I never read that stuff.
I want to load a rooted marshmallow on the phone but Im apprehensive.

What is it increasing to? I never read that stuff.
I want to load a rooted marshmallow on the phone but Im apprehensive.
The fee is going from $29.99 to $49.99. It will be on your first bill after 11/15/15 if you are not on a contract.

I tried an iPhone 6s plus the other day... I was pleased with the look of the apps and the camera on it. However, I could not deal with the lack of control on it, I am used to controlling things within the apps. On iOS, you have to go to the settings and deal with 12 million switches... Also, I could not be bothered to deal with iTunes for moving my music... I downloaded iTunes and I almost had a panic attack LOL
I didn't realize how much I liked Google stuff. Sure, it looks prettier on iPhone, but it didn't feel right. And I wasn't inclined to plunk down money for iOS stuff.

Oh well, I took it back yesterday and went back to Samsung. Got a Galaxy Note 5, 32 GB, in Gold. I will have to get hip on this streaming stuff and the cloud since the storage is capped. And I have a free TV, to top it off. Glad Best Buy does not have restocking fees on its cell phones.

20151231_210929.jpg

I tried an iPhone 6s plus the other day... I was pleased with the look of the apps and the camera on it. However, I could not deal with the lack of control on it, I am used to controlling things within the apps. On iOS, you have to go to the settings and deal with 12 million switches... Also, I could not be bothered to deal with iTunes for moving my music... I downloaded iTunes and I almost had a panic attack LOL
I didn't realize how much I liked Google stuff. Sure, it looks prettier on iPhone, but it didn't feel right. And I wasn't inclined to plunk down money for iOS stuff.

Oh well, I took it back yesterday and went back to Samsung. Got a Galaxy Note 5, 32 GB, in Gold. I will have to get hip on this streaming stuff and the cloud since the storage is capped. And I have a free TV, to top it off. Glad Best Buy does not have restocking fees on its cell phones.

View attachment 210596
No apple juice for LeQ !

Samsung S4 for 2 years and no regrets. My work phone is a Samsung Rugby which I don't like as well. My 12 & 16 year old kids upgraded to the Sony Xperia Z5 and Samsung Note4 for Christmas but my wife and I kept our old phones. We pay the bills and they have nicer phones :oops:

Samsung S4 for 2 years and no regrets. My work phone is a Samsung Rugby which I don't like as well. My 12 & 16 year old kids upgraded to the Sony Xperia Z5 and Samsung Note4 for Christmas but my wife and I kept our old phones. We pay the bills and they have nicer phones :oops:
Well, I need you to get nice things for yourself. You deserve it!

My iPhone foray confirms that I am an Android diehard now.

Thanks @QLR1. We switched carriers and my wife and I saved $40/month by keeping our old phones. My S4 works great and my wife loves her S5. She was a diehard iPhone user but won't go back now. Samsung all the way, although she does like my daughter's new Sony Z5.

View attachment 210596

I never went the test/return route. Sounds like fun actually.

My mom has the 6+. It's not a bad phone, but definitely is a hassle to newly convert yourself entirely to Apple support whereas Android is literally running off your likely-existing Google account. I had an iPhone 3GS and never bothered creating a library with iTunes. Every time I needed to make an app purchase I had to go through the trial of recovering my password. And then when I got an iPad, I never bothered with the cloud storage. Don't want to upload my nudes anyway.

Holding off until November for my next phone. Still on a "traditional" 2-year contract, but hopefully that aligns with a successor the LG V10 (which I guess their equivalent to the Note). I kinda want to get in that supra-flagship level so I can go to restaurants and throw my phone on the table like "what?", while adjusting my fedora and brushing off cheeto dust.

HTC M9 & ZTE Grand Max Plus..I've owned Samsung,Motorola,etc but after using HTC for the last 4yrs none of the others will do..HTC,imo has the best UI of anything on the market and durable af..the ZTE is surprisingly a nice phone and works well..if you don't mind the 6in screen,which is alil bigger than i like

Back