• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Really Grinds Your Gears?

Yup, not the first time, won't be the last. I get to call capital one today. It should only take a few hours.

Yeah that blows. I was lucky, someone successfully opened a CC under my name with $30K available credit and submitted a change of address to the post office so they'd get the card when it was mailed. But the CC company contacted me to verify some info so I discovered it and shut it down before any charges were made. And I caught the notification from the post office about the change of address so I was able to block that, too.

With the post office, I was able to file with the inspector general so that a change of address could not be made again without my in-person verification.

But did you report the earlier fraud (or this one, for that matter) to the credit reporting agencies? A fraud alert will force companies to verify your identity before issuing credit. It lasts 90 days but you can keep renewing it if you remember to. Or if you provide a copy of a police report about the fraud it will be extended for seven years.

Last edited:
Yeah that blows. I was lucky, someone successfully opened a CC under my name with $30K available credit and submitted a change of address to the post office so they'd get the card when it was mailed. But the CC company contacted me to verify some info so I discovered it and shut it down before any charges were made. And I caught the notification from the post office about the change of address so I was able to block that, too.

With the post office, I was able to file with the inspector general so that a change of address could not be made again without my in-person verification.

But did you report the earlier fraud (or this one, for that matter) to the credit reporting agencies? A fraud alert will force companies to verify your identity before issuing credit. It lasts 90 days but you can keep renewing it if you remember to. Or if you provide a copy of a police report about the fraud it will be extended for seven years.
It was found last night and I alerted capital one today. Tomorrow I will handle the rest. I didn't have enough info with me.

Just remembered Oakley is shipping from the East now. Placed order with 2-day shipping last Thusday, not expecting to get to me until next Wednesday. Item listed in stock and was confirmed that same Thursday. Guess the stock team is spread thin to fulfill it.

I miss even 2014 Oakley, when they were shipping from California, and stuff would just appear next day with basic shipping.

Just remembered Oakley is shipping from the East now. Placed order with 2-day shipping last Thusday, not expecting to get to me until next Wednesday. Item listed in stock and was confirmed that same Thursday. Guess the stock team is spread thin to fulfill it.

I miss even 2014 Oakley, when they were shipping from California, and stuff would just appear next day with basic shipping.

It's like a reversal of fortune for me. Instead of a week from California, I get stuff from Oakley in 2 business days. Lol

It's like a reversal of fortune for me. Instead of a week from California, I get stuff from Oakley in 2 business days. Lol

E45B3AC7-1040-4544-BF4A-A05A73EE4FEA.gif

Back