• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What Was Your First Pair, Or What Got You Hooked On Oakley

my first pair were some white oil rigs. didn't like them tho and got some flaks, they got me into Oakley, just got my second pair today which are custom. but what really got me into Oakley is this forum! I browse on here all day.

I think it was a pair of C Wires still have them but the lens are scratched to hell and one of the arms have broke half way along!...Did know how to look after them when i got them about 15 odd years ago its all changed now thou :cool:

My first pair ever bought were my Romeo 1 in Titanium colour frame. Wore them every where and they are still in amazing condition now as they were outta the store. Needless to say that I do not wear them now...just pieces of art in my cabinet!!! The pair that really got me going were the Red Bengal tiger Racing Jackets. Since starting my collection, it's taken me over five years to find the perfect pair...

I think my first Oakley's were some nondescript wrap around types (probably a base model). Before a year was out, the lenses were flaking. I didn't think too much of the quality of Oakley. The next Oakley's I bought were the Frogskin Jupiters's. Saw a dude wearing well worn Jupiter's in Thrasher (skate zine) and I started looking at the Bay to see if I could spot them. I did and so I bought them from a skate shop. It was cool to receive the package with the Frogs I'd been hunting down. Ahh rewards!

my first was a 0.7 I found.. haha! I rememebr loving the quality, but I lost them! later on I bought a radar livestrong. Loved it! they're off getting a water transfer now. the next pair really started my collection.. a xmetal ruby Juliet. from there the metal
madness set in, and I've since hunted down all 8models of xmetals, with over 10 Juliet's. I've also picked up pairs like gen1 racing J's, HalfJ, mframes, vintage zeros, splice, scar, valve, frogs...and I'm always on the lookout for obscure retro pairs.

My first was a square wire with ice iridium, I lost it after a year. Next purchase was a Ducati Gascan, still my favorite piece. Then got hooked, bought Splinter, Jupiter Squared, C Wire, Wingspan (Rx) and my latest is a Chip Foose Gascan.

matte black jupiter squareds were my first pair

ive been eyeing frogskins for a new years though, but the first frames i really wanted were m frames

Latest Posts

Back