• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What would YOU do, if you suddenly needed "real" glasses? :-)

I'm not a collector but I've worn corrective lenses my entire life. When I wear my contacts, I get to wear my Penny X-Metals. Had those things for 15 years or so. Never bought another pair of sunglasses after those. Otherwise, my Rx frames are Oakley. I split about 50/50 between wearing my contacts/glasses.

WOW, Pennys are top notch, bro. Specially titanium ones. They freakin' rule. Have you tried to put some prescription lenses on your pennys? Id' suggest brown or gray Transitions. They'd be dark under the sunlight, crystal clear indoors. If you manage to do that, problem solved. Look for an optics, optometry or vision care store near you.

Of course, you need to consider two things. Number one, appearance: Transition lenses don't get as dark as your Oakley Black Iridum. And number 2, performance: Transitions are not designed for a premium color enhancement performance as your Oakley Prizm would.

Sadly, sometimes we can't the best of two worlds in one item. Transitions give you a nice alternative for a one for all lenses. But they don't give you the top performance of sunglasses. If you want the top of the top, maybe should combine these options.

Well, I am thinking ahead of the game. I've noticed my vision has gotten a little blurry at times and at different distances. And have already started looking for suitable frames and sunglasses. As I have an appointment on Fri. Just in case it turns out I need some ocular help.. if I end up needing glasses I will definitely have to have some lens made for my sunglasses..

One question, is there a post or sticky that has members and services offered.. I've seen several members names thrown around in various topics. Just wondering if there was one topic that covered them.

Well, I am thinking ahead of the game. I've noticed my vision has gotten a little blurry at times and at different distances. And have already started looking for suitable frames and sunglasses. As I have an appointment on Fri. Just in case it turns out I need some ocular help.. if I end up needing glasses I will definitely have to have some lens made for my sunglasses..

One question, is there a post or sticky that has members and services offered.. I've seen several members names thrown around in various topics. Just wondering if there was one topic that covered them.
Not sure about that post you mention, will look for it. Hope the best for you in your friday's appointment.

Last edited:
Not sure about that post you mention, will look for it. Hope the best for you in your friday's appointment.
Well, that was a question.. not a statement of fact.. I was asking if there IS such a post.. I see in different topics, this person does this or that. Like one member get brought up when talking about restoration, or another about prescription lens,etc.. I was just curious if there was one post that covers the members and there specialties. Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.. sorry didn't mean to highjack the thread.

This a pretty good one for custom work.

Also as already mentioned, @Chris A Hardaway is the resident expert on Rx Oakleys and a great dude!

And another great thread here compiled by @cacatman

Well, that was a question.. not a statement of fact.. I was asking if there IS such a post.. I see in different topics, this person does this or that. Like one member get brought up when talking about restoration, or another about prescription lens,etc.. I was just curious if there was one post that covers the members and there specialties. Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.. sorry didn't mean to highjack the thread.
No, man, no problem. You welcome. I'm new here, and it looks like everybody is trying to help others. They're experienced on this topics and they're glad to help. I mean, a TRUE community. Oak Heel just replied, he shared a pair of TRUE EPIC posts! I'm glad you asked, this BLEW MY MIND! Thank you!

This a pretty good one for custom work.

Also as already mentioned, @Chris A Hardaway is the resident expert on Rx Oakleys and a great dude!

And another great thread here compiled by @cacatman

Yes yes.. this is what I'm looking for.. Sweet.. thanks. Awesome..

Latest Posts

Back