• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's your great white whale/ Grail?

I'd have to say the my XX Twenty FMJ 5.56/Ice were my great white whale!
Long story short... I bought a pair new back in the day and lost em within a week!
I had a hard time finding a pair that weren't going for crazy money!

But I scored a Fire/Ice combo... And now they sit in my case.

Now I have to say my NEW white whale is a pair of White/Fire Original Blades.... Also bought new back in the day.
But I have my mom to blame for them... She cracked a hinge and then lost em!

There is so many to chose from. I guess the Carbon C-6 would be first but the Matte black OTT and X-metal Romeo 1 would be a close second and of course Medusa with Goggles.

The TiO2 X Metal Penny W Emereld Iridium Lenses !!!

That would be my "Grail "

Dont think i will ever find a collector willing to part with one!!

maybe that is because nobody has it as it was never made, even though it was set up with 04-133 part code. if there was one, part coded, serialled, in box with matching label, the fight for it would be about as crazy as it could get, and i for one would have my sleeves well and truely rolled up. what a piece this would have been, my grail too!

Every piece I get just creates a want for a different piece. It's not like I'd stop if I got them all either. Neither would anyone on here.

+1, I began my journey into collecting with blinders on. Only one of my other friends knows anything or is interested in Oakley's, and he only buys them to wear and beat to death (give him credit for actually using them for their intended purpose). But as I continue to dive deeper, I've found myself adding to my collection things I wouldn't have thought I would, and I LOVE it.

My holy grail was an OTT, finally got one (and now I'm selling it because I realize that the hunt is over, I'll never wear it because they don't fit me right, my money is basically being tied up in it and they may as well go to someone who really, really wants them). My other grail is on it's way as I'm writing this and will be posted when they arrive :cool:. I've got several others in mind, but they're not a priority at the moment. I've got one that's not a pair of glasses also...that would be a display case, either a single wide, double wide or something comparable, but it has to be an Oakley case. Those are really hard to find for sale in Hawaii, don't know why?!?!?!! Hopefully, I'll be able to own or at least say I owned all my holy grails at one time or another, and I wish the same to all the members here!

Until yesterday and again today, the OTT was my grail. Before that, it was a RazorBlade.
Now, I'm on the merciless hunt for a tower, either single- or doublewide..
As many others on here, I don't think the hunt ever stops, but I have to admit, that I rarely go after previous releases.. I stick with new releases, with a few exceptions.. Rules are meant to be broken, right?

+1, I began my journey into collecting with blinders on. Only one of my other friends knows anything or is interested in Oakley's, and he only buys them to wear and beat to death (give him credit for actually using them for their intended purpose). But as I continue to dive deeper, I've found myself adding to my collection things I wouldn't have thought I would, and I LOVE it.

Hopefully, I'll be able to own or at least say I owned all my holy grails at one time or another, and I wish the same to all the members here!

Funny, it's the exact same with me.. My pal has 10-12 pairs, but he wears the heck out of them! He does take good care of them though - I guess he's just more picky and selective than I am..

Thank you, and the same to you! :) I'm sure you'll find a tower

Funny, it's the exact same with me.. My pal has 10-12 pairs, but he wears the heck out of them!

And thank you, and the same to you! :)

Yeah, my friend is an prescription eyewear rep, and he's the one that turned me onto Oakley's. He only owns a couple pairs at a time and wears them into the ground :sad:, LOL. Then when those are trashed he'll buy another pair. That says something when he can buy his own brands for next to nothing, but still chooses to buy and wear Oakleys.

LOL, no problem, spread the love to everyone!!

Back