• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

What's your great white whale/ Grail?

There are so many, but two that I am pretty sure that I will never see Juan Pablo Montoya's white gascan, or Mark Cavendish's echelon jawbones with the green icons and bolts.

David Flores Gascan 1.0

I know the blue would be easier to get but the 1.0 would be the only gascan Id ever wear period. Yes I said wear haha
Plus Asian fit omatter frames fit my wide head a bit better sometimes, especially judging by my Ichiro radar

I'm going to have to be boring here and admit that I don't have a Grail.

I've bought and sold OTTs and X-Metal Romeo 1s. Cos I never wore them. (Oh, and cos I'm sorry but OTTs are hugely overrated).
I don't have a massive collection (about 50 pairs or so) but I've pretty much got what I want and love them. Yeah, there's the odd pair that I might end up buying at some point, but nothing that I must buy at all costs.

None of the new styles interest me, and I've either owned or own the older styles that I like.
So basically unless O suddenly make some really nice new must-have frames, you could say I'm done.
(Except for buying more Jinx of course. Derrr.)

Boring, but true.

I'm going to have to be boring here and admit that I don't have a Grail.

I've bought and sold OTTs and X-Metal Romeo 1s. Cos I never wore them. (Oh, and cos I'm sorry but OTTs are hugely overrated).
I don't have a massive collection (about 50 pairs or so) but I've pretty much got what I want and love them. Yeah, there's the odd pair that I might end up buying at some point, but nothing that I must buy at all costs.

None of the new styles interest me, and I've either owned or own the older styles that I like.
So basically unless O suddenly make some really nice new must-have frames, you could say I'm done.
(Except for buying more Jinx of course. Derrr.)

Boring, but true.

I don't have a grail either. I'd like to try a Romeo or X-metal XX, but after trying the XS and Juliet that didn't fit at all I'm not too enthusiastic about paying several hundred dollars for a pair I might not be able to wear. And even if I can wear them, there's the feeling of their inevitable demise when a stem breaks, or all the rubber bits are worn and there's no replacements, then I have a paperweight I paid a few hundred bucks for.

I buy my pairs to wear, I'm at 8 right now. I may get more as deals come up, I'd like to add a wire frame of some kind for more formal attire. What I mostly want to do is collect lenses- ideally I'd want one of every lens tint. Buying lenses is almost as expensive as buying a full pair most of the time. As I get more lenses I'll invariably want more frames to hold them so I don't need to swap as often, and that's the main reason I own different pairs.

Artist glasses and signature models don't have much appeal to me. Some of them look pretty sweet and I could see owning them, but for the most part they're made in frames I can't pull off, or they're not really any different than a normal pair save a special color combo.

I would like to branch out a bit. Besides matte black frames I own a black ink. I've owned polished black and I just don't like the feel of the plastic compared to matte. I had the desert Gascan, but the light color combined with the poor fit that wasn't for me forced my hand to sell them. I did like the subdued flag icons soooo much though.

I really wish more frames fit me, and that most of the current big-head specs weren't square frames. I look forward to the pair that replaces the Ten, and I hope they don't **** it up with a wide stem with a hole in it.

Splice Matte Black with Polished Black and H.I. Persimmon lenses... Also known as the Murasaki Sports Exclusive ~ SKU 12-627

and

Splice Dark Chrome with Polished Black and 24K Gold Iridium lenses... Also known as Matt Kenseth Signature Edition...

If you know someone or have some yourself that your willing to part with hit me up and I will make VERY VERY good offers...

maybe that is because nobody has it as it was never made, even though it was set up with 04-133 part code. if there was one, part coded, serialled, in box with matching label, the fight for it would be about as crazy as it could get, and i for one would have my sleeves well and truely rolled up. what a piece this would have been, my grail too!
IMG00199-20100114-2309.jpg

Attachments

• IMG00199-20100114-2309.jpg
    IMG00199-20100114-2309.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 189
Back