• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Whoever used a 60% off code read this

It was Oakley's problem, and Oakley's screwup to allow it to happen. Go after the people that seemingly illegally generated or stole the codes, I'm all for it. To punish customers for it is absolutely ridiculous. To go so far as banning someone from ever purchasing from them at full price is incredibly short-sighted and is nothing but them taking out their frustrations on the wrong people. I, for one, will be ending any direct purchases from them for quite some time.

For those lecturing people about using discount codes, please interject in every thread about people sharing bounce back rewards or F&F discounts as well (oh wait, some are the same people that have done it). After all, they are being used by people other than the person intended for. And as Brett mentions, be sure to return all the display cases and other non-retail items in your collections as well.
So you don't see any difference between what happened and the other two scenarios?

Cases are thrown out. Non-brand stores call up reps to return the cases and get told to throw them out if they get a response at all. Or a rep collects a storage locker full, moves to another job, and isn't asked to return all of the cases. There can be arguments made about abandoned property, public domain, etc. If Oakley cared they would police it, but they don't. And then some guy shows up to Jim Jannard's place with a truckload of cases, POP material, never-released prototypes, lunches with company big wigs and nothing is said. I think it's safe to say Oakley doesn't care.

And the F&F codes or other rewards codes? Again, if you don't see the difference between these 60% codes being bought, and individuals bartering their earned discounts or directly gifted codes (that anyone is eligible for).... well I can't help you there. Especially when an Oakley employee comes on the board and asks people to email him to get more codes.

Do I think banning all full-price purchases of code users is silly? Yes. Do I understand why people are upset their bouncebacks or F&F codes don't work after they used a sketchy code? Nope.

Several who posted in this thread are customers of mine, my below comments are meant to be constructive (a little bit) and don't take any of it personally. I still like doing work for you guys. :)

i will agree with that...they were to good to be true. i have only been on this forum around 6 months or so idk how long really but i sent the guy a message who was selling them on here and told him i had never seen anything like this, talked to him for a bit, and bought one. Lack of knowledge on what floats around along with being impatient and not talking to anybody about the codes was my problem. Had i have known it would have caused my account to be flagged and banned from further things i would not have done it.

As @kronin323 said all Ebay listings were take down, so you cannot contact them, but you can likely file a paypal dispute for item not as described

It was Oakley's problem, and Oakley's screwup to allow it to happen. Go after the people that seemingly illegally generated or stole the codes, I'm all for it. To punish customers for it is absolutely ridiculous. To go so far as banning someone from ever purchasing from them at full price is incredibly short-sighted and is nothing but them taking out their frustrations on the wrong people. I, for one, will be ending any direct purchases from them for quite some time.

For those lecturing people about using discount codes, please interject in every thread about people sharing bounce back rewards or F&F discounts as well (oh wait, some are the same people that have done it). After all, they are being used by people other than the person intended for. And as Brett mentions, be sure to return all the display cases and other non-retail items in your collections as well.

ALL companies have fraudulent workers! Obviously people didnt know any better or didnt care. I have always even felt the sales of Gift Cards such as Apple iTunes cards that are worth $50 being sold for $25 is fishy, the question is, how did a person get them where they can sell with fees, and make any money. Likely paid less than $15 for a $50 card, probably not legit, or it was a gift to them. Either way I am not a buyer.

Since when did Oakley EVER offer anything like a 60% deal on any item ever. They never do, even in their outlet stores (Vaults) nothing is ever that much off, they still make more than the 50% off retail price as a base line number. So this is not a surprise to me to see a 15 page thread of people complaining about how Oakley is policing their accounts. Someone mentioned something about a person buying a hot item and the police catching them. Well first off the person buying it goes to jail and the person selling it goes to jail. Ignorance is not an excuse. So common sense tells you that something is fishy and likely you should walk away. Selling bounce back cards too, why inject yourself for a few dollars saved.

Everyone seems all miffed at Oakley for blocking the coupons used, but has anyone who bought the coupon off eBay gone back and hit the seller up for their money back, seeing that the product is not what it was described as?

As @kronin323 said all Ebay listings were take down, so you cannot contact them, but you can likely file a paypal dispute for item not as described

Come on guys/gals,if Oakley had wanted you(the ppl who didn't receive them)to have the codes you would have gotten them..when you signed up to buy them,it was basically theft as they weren't intended for you(ppl who acquired them fraudulently) so suck up and pay retail:cry:

Pretty close to dead on the money. Nowadays most people have no understanding of what a company tracks. For most buyers it is NOT a smart idea to join a frequent buyers club with Oakley (or anyone else), giving them the opportunity to track everything you do (you would be surprised at the pattern of life someone can garner from your basic information, actually scary). Get off Facebook TOO!!!!!!! That is so easily done its not funny. Ever heard of the complaints about Ebay sellers getting kicked off due to their daughters boyfriend using their internet sometimes and they get banned. So the daughters boyfriend gets banned and the ISP and MAC addresses tied to the address and the fathers business is now banned too. This happens all the time and there is nothing that can be done. So in this case, Yes I have no doubt their security team is on this forum, why not, great place to track people looking for fraud. If for one minute any of you think Oakley even cares about you as a customer, your mistaken. They don't and never will. There are thousands more to take your place. the Bay is the same way, they don't care, so if you have a complaint your talking to a brick wall. Literally. So do what common sense tells you too and it should be the right thing. Then you never have anything to worry about. I protect myself in what I do also for my work, I buy everything at retail price and pay taxes on the custom work too, that way I don't have to worry about someone stopping what I do, whether they care or not. Personal things I will use F and F from time to time when I want clothes or nick nacs, but since the stopping of X Metals there is nothing I want anyway.

To the whole part about them caring, if they cared at all don't you think they would be a forum sponsor?????? Or at least offer premium members a 10% off code or something???? The little it would cost them it would bring back tenfold likely. But they don't, and they don't care. Instead you have Customizers and several Replacement part companies supporting what you guys love, and they take care of you. This part has been my whole gripe for years. But..... watcha gonna do, nothing. So suck it up, pay retail and use their offerings legally and you can at least enjoy what you have with your friends on here.

I was told that those bounce back codes are link to your name and can't be used by anyone else since they know the code was email to you,who is blocked....

Just found this thread, my friend ordered about $900 worth of stuff with the 60% off coupon and he ended up paying a bit over $400 and he got the $150 bounce back coupon. He emailed me the coupon and I was able to use it inside an Oakley Store.

Just found this thread, my friend ordered about $900 worth of stuff with the 60% off coupon and he ended up paying a bit over $400 and he got the $150 bounce back coupon. He emailed me the coupon and I was able to use it inside an Oakley Store.

THIEF
LAWBREAKER
SCUM OF THE EARTH

Im gonna need your Social Security number address and a blood sample

J/K

Sigh

Yes I am sure in the store they would not be an issue, I was referring to using them on Oakley.com.....

I could have sworn the sales representative that helped me out typed in the code that I showed him from my email.

I just checked my receipt and the code is printed out next to Bill To: "My Name" "code insert here*

Latest Posts

Back