• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why Change The Lenses??

Thanks for all the replies. So for those of you who change lenses to non OEM replacements do you see a difference in the quality of clearity from the non OEM lenses? What I have noticed is on a sunny day I am still squinting and in a pair of VL for me Romeo 2's after I took them off everything had a pink haze over them which I think caused my headache.

I've noticed a difference in clarity between Oakley lenses and WL/Exovista lenses.... The aftermarket lenses just don't have the clarity of Oakley lenses.

Not to be mean, But jacketfan sounds like he could be a troll from Eyecon lenses.

That's what I was thinking too...

Polycarbonate lens scratch way easier that CR39 but polycarbonate doesn't shatter, hence it used in safety glasses and rimless glasses ( where they drill through the lend to mount the arms). You can hit polycarbonate with a hammer and it won't break but it will get scratched up bad. They make riot shields with the same stuff.

It's All about the Lenses!!! I have Numerous Oakley's worn daily for about 5 plus year No Scratches. It's all how U treat Ur glasses and Lenses No were does it say Oakley lens don't scratch. People beat them up and clean them with their shirts and tissues say hey my Oakley Lens scratched what the heck. Nothing beats Oakley Quality in clear Vision and Awesome Framing styles and yes they are more Money but its worth it to me.

If you are ever having doubts about Oakley's lens quality then we advise checking this page out:

Why Buy Oakley Sunglasses

It outlines the inherent impact resistance and optical quality that just comes with Plutonite alone, not to mention the patented HD and XYZ Optics too :)

I have seen all this hundreds of times, and again, it's all just marketing and funny names. Most polycarbonate lenses are shatter resistant, they didn't invent something special here like transparent aluminum. And optics are fine I guess but I've certainly seen better. And I've had cheap sunglasses with optical clarity that was awful and cloudy and some that was better than Oakley. I do know that Oakley lenses scratch too damn easy though. Again it's all marketing, quit drinking the koolaid. I buy Oakleys for other reasons.

Although your not the first one to make this claim on this forum, do you have any proof that proves otherwise? Just because you don't believe the "marketing hype" doesn't mean it's not true. If you have facts that prove otherwise I would be interested in seeing that.

Although your not the first one to make this claim on this forum, do you have any proof that proves otherwise? Just because you don't believe the "marketing hype" doesn't mean it's not true. If you have facts that prove otherwise I would be interested in seeing that.

Proof of what exactly?

That shatter resistant polycarbonate isn't some propietary Oakley thing?

Oh sure, I expected this, someone has a different opinion than everyone else so they must be a troll. Typical.

Tone down a bit. Simply because you're implying that cheap lenses are better. People here have seen such marketing strategy from new member promoting other brands. And this is an Oakley forum and people here will disagree with you when you say Oakley lenses suck. Expect that Frenchy I mean JacketFan.

I've had some exovista lenses that were just as clear as Oakley lenses. Oakley lenses are great, don't get me wrong, but it's not like they're magical.

They block uv light and don't shatter because they're polycarbonate, not because they're made by Oakley.

Latest Posts

Back