• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why Do You Buy/collect Oakleys?

I was shopping in York with Herbs back in 2006 and he took me to the Oakley Vault there. I saw a pair of Berry / G30 Iridium Dartboards and kinda fell in love with how they looked. So we bought them and the rest, as they say, is history. Once we were back home I just couldn't stop trying them on and looking at them. The design is amazing and I just wanted to wear them all of the time. So the next few weekends when we were out shopping we stumbled upon some real baragins in a local Oakley dealer and bought 4 in one go!! After that I was always looking for more and my collection has grown into what it is now (31 pairs).
I have some Oakley Tees, Jackets, Coat, Beanie Hat, Bags, Purses etc too.... I love the brand. The designs are fantastic. I am always on the lookout, but not always for the latest ones. I feel I came to the party very late and so still need to consider the older frames.
:biggrin:

i started because i just liked the styles at the time but got way out of control-for my wallet- am down to about 55 with 8 to sell from those...down from a ridiculous 300...

"Tell me Yes or No, do I suit these" thread anyone????? hahahaha
:biggrin:

No, God no! I don't think any photo exists of me after about age 8, I have a real phobia about having my photo taken, I'm sure a therapist would have a field day trying to work out why but I just can't do it.

I started trail riding in '08, first without headwear, or sunglasses. Until my cuz's husband who rides more seriously than I do told me helmets are very important, so started with that then 1 day, my eyes was hit with something probaly leaves. My eyes were red and infected for 2 weeks, so I started looking at Lance Armstrong's gear. I didn't pull the trigger until I found a Minute 2.0 Cinder Red w/Black Iridium from Oakley Vault via Slickdeals, then went hardcore with Jawbones now settle with Radars. I've fallen on them a few times cycling and they have never fallen off my head. I've never worn sunglasses before, but after my eyes incident, I've been wearing it driving, or cycling. All my glasses still look brand new, if you treat them like princess, they'll give you the treatment back.

To piss off my wife, make my co-workers think I'm seriously deranged (and specifically to make it clear to my boss I DON'T need a raise) and confirm onlookers suspicions when I pull up in my growly exhaust, 1000 watt stereo blasting, orange muscle car with absurd vanity plates that I AM in fact a flashy vain SOB.

So that such be a lesson to all that to never judge a book by its cover as NONE of the above is actually the case.

lol I really laughed at that hahaha.....

I always wanted a pair of Oakleys growing up as a kid but we never had the money for em, so I honestly didn't get my first pair of Oakleys until around age 26 or 27...First pair I bought was the 24K XX.....I guess I collect/buy em because I enjoy wearing them and looking at them

Back