• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why I Am A Shelf Whore...

With Ash and FGG going on hiatus who is going to fill the void left by the two largest collections I think we have in the community? Way of the world I suppose, but still a shame nonetheless to see them move into the shadows. A silent thanks and tribute to these members who served as inspirations for so many of us.

With Ash and FGG going on hiatus who is going to fill the void left by the two largest collections I think we have in the community? Way of the world I suppose, but still a shame nonetheless to see them move into the shadows. A silent thanks and tribute to these members who served as inspirations for so many of us.

Whilst FGG has not been involved with us for some time, I have remained an active member and not 'moved into the shadows', all I have done is essentially change collecting tactic having exceeded 1000 pairs, by way of being happy to let go of around 700 pairs (which will take years and I am in no rush to do so) whilst maintaining my X Metal and 3rd Gen Frogskin collections, no 'hiatus' for me on the latter, still at maximum speed full bore on the case for having the world's best collection in that department. I have no plans to leave here, it is an honour to be in the company of all of you and to learn more by being involved. I will remain loyal to this Forum, regardless of how my collecting activity evolves over the coming years.

Ash.

Guys, as thisguy mentioned, FGG decided to go dark after RED. He hasn't posted in over a year, since Aug '13, and he hasn't even signed on since July. Admire his collection, certainly, but don't expect him to see your questions / comments anytime soon, if ever.
Thanks for the heads up! I have seen a few of his posts and just assumed he was still active. It is sad to see he won't be able to benefit from the solution to his addiction I offered, I was truly willing to selflessly take some of his addiction away... His loss ;)

Well I hope he finds his way back, that much history would be a shame to lose forever.

Thanks again for the heads up!

Whilst FGG has not been involved with us for some time, I have remained an active member and not 'moved into the shadows', all I have done is essentially change collecting tactic having exceeded 1000 pairs, by way of being happy to let go of around 700 pairs (which will take years and I am in no rush to do so) whilst maintaining my X Metal and 3rd Gen Frogskin collections, no 'hiatus' for me on the latter, still at maximum speed full bore on the case for having the world's best collection in that department. I have no plans to leave here, it is an honour to be in the company of all of you and to learn more by being involved. I will remain loyal to this Forum, regardless of how my collecting activity evolves over the coming years.

Ash.
I have seen many of your posts and to say you have an impressive collection would be an understatement. It is nice that there are a few juggernauts still around :) even though I am New to the forum companies to just about everyone else I still love seeing these mind blowing displays!

Keep the faith!!

Ash.

My apologies, I just meant you were no longer actively collecting pairs like you used to. I agree you are certainly still around providing valuable contributions to the community, 'moving into the shadows' was a poor choice of words in comparison to FGG. I know I was looking forward to you reaching 1,000 pairs for a while and just meant that your collecting has moved into the shadows, not that you were necessarily abandoning us or anything. Downsizing your collection is certainly a big change was all I was trying to get at haha (and similarly its a big occurrence to see a big time collector like FGG step away)!

At the end of the day, even if you were inactive for a period like FGG it is understandable. Their are plenty of reasonable explanations for taking a break from the forum and the community at large (again not saying that anyone is since that is apparently a touchy subject haha...). Each person has their reasons for doing what they feel they have to, its not for me or anyone else to judge (not that I won't comment hehe). I just wanted to express my appreciation for even having folks like you around to give us newbies aspiration and inspiration.

Im in disbelief of your entire collection. I have a lot but nothing even comes to this. Imma just stare at these pictures for awhile and be uber jelly.

Back