• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Will the discontinuation of the watch line cause values to increase?

Will the discontinuation of the watch line cause values to increase?

• Total voters
Given that the analog watch market is in decline and the digi7al watch market is still trying to convince people they are worth buying, I'd say no.

If they used premium movements they might stand a chance but as I've said before the watch guys know better than to overpay for off the shelf movements in a fancy case. Those who don't know better won't pay that much for the fancy case, evidenced by Oakley leaving the watch world. I think collector value may tick up a bit in the short term as the realization of "no more" sets in, but much like the Juliet market it will level back out at or near the previous valuations.

I agree with most here. Every Oakley watch I bought has been at less than half its retail price. Even the FMJ sold for half of its retail price on eBay of all places for $5K recently. They all start out at a huge mark up and drop like a rock from there.
The amazing Oakley industrial design is one of a kind, unforutnately the pricing doesn't hold up.

i like to think that over time they will be worth something but its based on what you paid. and only to oakley collectors. i think the doubletap is a good looking watch and the hollowpoint. (closet to a FMJ).

i hope that over time as the supply dries up they gain something in value. And even if a FMJ came up.. dont think i could afford it.. lol..

I don't see the potential for any significant increase. The demand is pretty narrow - they aren't on the radar of many watch collectors even now and allowing for the sort of timescale increases take, they will be even less in the collectors' consciousness. There will be a market, but that will be an Oakley collectors market, not wider - I don't think I could come up with convincing reasons why a non-Oakley collector should buy an FMJ over, say, a period Speedy.

I don't see the potential for any significant increase. The demand is pretty narrow - they aren't on the radar of many watch collectors even now and allowing for the sort of timescale increases take, they will be even less in the collectors' consciousness. There will be a market, but that will be an Oakley collectors market, not wider - I don't think I could come up with convincing reasons why a non-Oakley collector should buy an FMJ over, say, a period Speedy.
Frank would hahahahahahahahahaaha.

Back