• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Worst Customer Service EVER!!

Brettc10

I am Jim Jannard...
Oahu, Hawaii
So clear back at the start of July the website was running 50-60% off. I looked and found 3 items. Went ahead and placed the order and sent payment thru Paypal. I quickly get the paid invoice and says "In Process" so I wait 8 days and nothing, NO shipping info, nothing. So I e-mail customer service and I get a reply saying I would get an answer with-in 2 days. 2 days and - Nothing! Next I call and after I put in my order number it says to log on the website to check the order. 2 days later I get an e-mail that tells me to call in to customer to get any info on my order??? What the F_ _ K!!
I call again and I am put on hold for 25 min. then I get hung up on!! Call back the next day and wait again for another 27 min. I do get to talk to someone and find out that 2 of my items are sold out!! so now I am down to a hat. I thought well at least I am talking to someone and this will move forward. I get an e-mail that day with an up-date. 2 of the items are canceled but the total at the bottom is the same. All 3 items are still totaled at the bottom and still says pending. I wait a few more days and nothing!! No shipping info, nothing.
I called again today, 26 min waiting. I was talking to this guy and he goes to check on my order and says it is pending......I say NO ****!! that is what it has said for the last 20 days. He asked if he can put me on hold to check further into my order. What do you think happens........click, disconnected!!
I do like some of the new clothes but the rest and customer service is gone in the toilet!! I know this is not NEW NEWS but it is really sad where it is at now. I would not rather just tell them to cancel the hat now but I will never be able to talk to anyone!?!?! Plus I am 95% sure my PayPal will get charged the whole amount. Then I will have to again call in. STUPID!!

So clear back at the start of July the website was running 50-60% off. I looked and found 3 items. Went ahead and placed the order and sent payment thru Paypal. I quickly get the paid invoice and says "In Process" so I wait 8 days and nothing, NO shipping info, nothing. So I e-mail customer service and I get a reply saying I would get an answer with-in 2 days. 2 days and - Nothing! Next I call and after I put in my order number it says to log on the website to check the order. 2 days later I get an e-mail that tells me to call in to customer to get any info on my order??? What the F_ _ K!!
I call again and I am put on hold for 25 min. then I get hung up on!! Call back the next day and wait again for another 27 min. I do get to talk to someone and find out that 2 of my items are sold out!! so now I am down to a hat. I thought well at least I am talking to someone and this will move forward. I get an e-mail that day with an up-date. 2 of the items are canceled but the total at the bottom is the same. All 3 items are still totaled at the bottom and still says pending. I wait a few more days and nothing!! No shipping info, nothing.
I called again today, 26 min waiting. I was talking to this guy and he goes to check on my order and says it is pending......I say NO ****!! that is what it has said for the last 20 days. He asked if he can put me on hold to check further into my order. What do you think happens........click, disconnected!!
I do like some of the new clothes but the rest and customer service is gone in the toilet!! I know this is not NEW NEWS but it is really sad where it is at now. I would not rather just tell them to cancel the hat now but I will never be able to talk to anyone!?!?! Plus I am 95% sure my PayPal will get charged the whole amount. Then I will have to again call in. STUPID!!

I've usually sent them an email when they screw up and they send me a discount coupon.. In general Oakley.com has been a mess the last couple of years, I never bother to call since it is better to have what they say they will do in writing when they screw up again ;)

I've usually sent them an email when they screw up and they send me a discount coupon.. In general Oakley.com has been a mess the last couple of years, I never bother to call since it is better to have what they say they will do in writing when they screw up again ;)
Here is what I get when I e-mail:

Hello Brett,
Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent purchase. We are sorry to hear about the delay in the delivery of your order.
We are sorry to report that we are unable to give detailed status updates for this order via email.
Please give us a call at 1(800)403-7449 Monday-Friday 8:00am-9:00pm EST, and we would be happy to assist you.

Then the persons name. Which I will not put up here.

Trust me i don't want to call!! That e-mail took 4 regular work days to get!!

Hello Brett,
Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent purchase. We are sorry to hear about the delay in the delivery of your order.
We are sorry to report that we are unable to give detailed status updates for this order via email.
Please give us a call at 1(800)403-7449 Monday-Friday 8:00am-9:00pm EST, and we would be happy to assist you.

Welcome to modern day oakley/lux service! I dont waste my time with the website or calling. If I cant get at the vault I dont bother. That's just me though.

Hello Brett,

In Europe they have been a bit better then it seems.. Still ****ty though...

This makes my blood boil. What’s annoying is that this used to be the exception and it would make people stop buying from them. At some point, a flip switched to where good customer service was the standout rather than the norm. Shame, really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine being a customer service rep and having to deal with douche bags all day. I would put people on hold them hang up on them after 26-28 minutes. Vengeance is mine says tier one customer support.

Big part of CS staff is dealing with douchy customers, whether they have a rightful grievance or not. Comes with the territory.
If a CS rep doesn't like that he should get another job.

Back