• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Worst Customer Service EVER!!

I recently had a custom order show as pending for a couple weeks and another one as contact customer support.

When I called both ended up having some error on the order I ended up canceling and reordering the same items by recomendation of the service rep.
The person I talked to was very nice and did a good job to help.
After that I had not further problems and got the new order very fast.

Just wanted to put it out there that it is not always bad service from them.
And they probably deal with a lot of rude and disrespectful people.
Remember they are just an employee and can not make any big changes.

*UPDATE* First off what I will say is if your job is customer service and you took that job to be a CS Rep then you should know you will have to deal with people that are not happy. That is what the job is about!! If you don't like complaining customers that find a different job.
Now for my up-date to one of my worst ever dealing's with Oakley CS. I called 2 more times, another 20 min + wait and then an 8 min wait. The last call when I got thru I explained everything that has happened. They then ask to put me on hold so they can look into the issue.
I asked the rep to take down my number and if I get "cut off" to please call me back since I have been hung up or disconnected 2 other times. He did, when he came back he said how sorry they were as to what has happened or not happened so far. Next he said they were
going to cancel the whole order and open a new one. Then he told me I would get the hat for FREE and added they would send it 2 day shipping. So 6 calls (2 of them hang-ups) and 2 e-mails and I at least get a FREE hat out of it. Thru out the whole crazy dealing I NEVER
went off or even raised my voice to any of the people I spoke too. Maybe that is good Karma and in the end they actually did the right thing to keep the buyer happy.

*UPDATE* First off what I will say is if your job is customer service and you took that job to be a CS Rep then you should know you will have to deal with people that are not happy. That is what the job is about!! If you don't like complaining customers that find a different job.
Now for my up-date to one of my worst ever dealing's with Oakley CS. I called 2 more times, another 20 min + wait and then an 8 min wait. The last call when I got thru I explained everything that has happened. They then ask to put me on hold so they can look into the issue.
I asked the rep to take down my number and if I get "cut off" to please call me back since I have been hung up or disconnected 2 other times. He did, when he came back he said how sorry they were as to what has happened or not happened so far. Next he said they were
going to cancel the whole order and open a new one. Then he told me I would get the hat for FREE and added they would send it 2 day shipping. So 6 calls (2 of them hang-ups) and 2 e-mails and I at least get a FREE hat out of it. Thru out the whole crazy dealing I NEVER
went off or even raised my voice to any of the people I spoke too. Maybe that is good Karma and in the end they actually did the right thing to keep the buyer happy.

That's great. I am glad you found someone who actually helped. If I ever end up in a situation like that I generally ask for the rep's name and CS id number. That way you can call back and get a hold of the same person. But it also let's them know if there is an additional problem they will be put on blast. They will try harder.

There's something wrong with their system.

A while back i ordered some earsocks and it wouldn't take my paypal. I ended up putting in my debit card info to pay. About an hour later I get a call from my bank saying my card was trying to be used in several states across the US, like one in CA and again in NY etc. Obviously the info was stolen and the bank caught it and shut down the card. The order itself stayed "in process" for over 2 weeks and i called and told them what happened about my card being used and maybe they had an issue with security and also i still wanted the earsocks. All the rep wanted was to get me off the line. She would not discuss my info being stolen. I wasn't mad because I didn't lose any money. I just wanted to let them know about the situation. I was more upset about how she was trying to get me off the line and wouldn't discuss it.

Anyway I didn't really worry it, but a couple of months later i see a couple of XXL t shirts in my cart. I don't buy t shirts online and i also can't wear a XXL. I called to ask them and was told maybe a rep accidentally pulled up my profile when someone else placed an order then realized they had the wrong person and left the t shirts in my cart. I was like well ok no biggie. Again i didn't lose any money. Days after that i see two more things in my cart a pair of flak jackets with replacement lenses. I only wear M frames, nothing else. Don't even own a different model and not considering ever buying a different model. I don't live in an apartment and my nearest neighbor is 200 yards away and my gf doesn't wear oakleys (loses them too much) and I don't have kids. I immediately changed my password and sent an email explaining everything from my info being stolen to all the things in my cart. Got the standard reply, we'll respond in 48 hours. Been longer than that and still nothing. I doubt they will reply at all, but something with their system is screwed up. This is really the only complaint i've had with oakley. Atleast they should look into what's going on, but i doubt my email made it past the first person.

There's something wrong with their system.

A while back i ordered some earsocks and it wouldn't take my paypal. I ended up putting in my debit card info to pay. About an hour later I get a call from my bank saying my card was trying to be used in several states across the US, like one in CA and again in NY etc. Obviously the info was stolen and the bank caught it and shut down the card. The order itself stayed "in process" for over 2 weeks and i called and told them what happened about my card being used and maybe they had an issue with security and also i still wanted the earsocks. All the rep wanted was to get me off the line. She would not discuss my info being stolen. I wasn't mad because I didn't lose any money. I just wanted to let them know about the situation. I was more upset about how she was trying to get me off the line and wouldn't discuss it.

Anyway I didn't really worry it, but a couple of months later i see a couple of XXL t shirts in my cart. I don't buy t shirts online and i also can't wear a XXL. I called to ask them and was told maybe a rep accidentally pulled up my profile when someone else placed an order then realized they had the wrong person and left the t shirts in my cart. I was like well ok no biggie. Again i didn't lose any money. Days after that i see two more things in my cart a pair of flak jackets with replacement lenses. I only wear M frames, nothing else. Don't even own a different model and not considering ever buying a different model. I don't live in an apartment and my nearest neighbor is 200 yards away and my gf doesn't wear oakleys (loses them too much) and I don't have kids. I immediately changed my password and sent an email explaining everything from my info being stolen to all the things in my cart. Got the standard reply, we'll respond in 48 hours. Been longer than that and still nothing. I doubt they will reply at all, but something with their system is screwed up. This is really the only complaint i've had with oakley. Atleast they should look into what's going on, but i doubt my email made it past the first person.

Wow, that's fuc*** up ...... shut down card + random items in cart, that is a lot trouble to deal with for a set of earsocks!

Back