• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Would you recommend Kato’s for running?

Shikenwhale

Oakley Beginner
I’m looking for a pair of Oakley’s for daily wear for running and interested in Kato’s. What are your recommendations?

You won’t get a lot of air-flow on the Katos, that nose is really cool and works great for cycling, not sure though for running. I’d think the Radar EV, Ev zero, or the encoder would probably work better with more air-flow but that’s just me. Gotta try them on and decide which one fits you best.

Agreed, Radar EVs are great for running, they have vented lenses. That's not to mention they're less expensive than Katos. Encoders are pricey but also a great choice; I think they fit even better than Radars, but they aren't available in polarized.

You could also try Flak 2.0.

Charles

The new actuator and corridor are also promoted for specifically running as the nose piece is designed to help grip onto your face and won’t “bounce” when you run, plus they have Unobtanium pretty much the full length of their arms. (Auctuator more so the the corridor which is about half)

But all in all try them on and see what fits you best and see what you like.
i dont own katos personally as they don’t fit or suit my face shape

The Half Jacket, Half Jacket 2.0, Flak, or the Flak 2.0 are some recommendations which are all inexpensive.

Back