• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WTF Is Wrong With Some Of You People?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are members who seem to do this a lot and I pointed it out when they did it in a similar thread a few weeks ago. I messaged Oakley_Boss at the time that something needs to be done about the general, what I term as hazing, of new members. If mods don't shut them down at the time they do it then that, to me, condones it. The bullying posts should be removed, not just close the thread, and PMs should be sent to members warning them of their behaviour others they will keep doing it, which is clearly the case as its happened again.

Everyone has valid points in this argument. IMHO, I think that we are all good people here (this is one of the best boards I'm a member of), with good intentions, but sometimes our passion for the brand gets the better of our 'family' atmosphere. I feel it's important to enforce the rules and protect our members, but within acceptable reason and only by the proper authorities (moderators). Sometimes we all get carried away, especially with things we know and love. We all just need to take a step back and think with our minds before our hearts, and everything will be all good.

Uluahunter said:
Everyone has valid points in this argument. IMHO, I think that we are all good people here (this is one of the best boards I'm a member of), with good intentions, but sometimes our passion for the brand gets the better of our 'family' atmosphere. I feel it's important to enforce the rules and protect our members, but within acceptable reason and only by the proper authorities (moderators). Sometimes we all get carried away, especially with things we know and love. We all just need to take a step back and think with our minds before our hearts, and everything will be all good.

Agreed!

it is because of the family atmosphere that people get a bit defensive if they sense another member will get ripped off by an outsider. when you are part of a close knit group it is sometimes that outsiders will need to earn their way into the family rather than just being accepted readily. i think if people are not as defensive as they are this board would not be the same as it is now. damned if you do and damned if you dont. just my opinion.

And let me add, I'm all about protecting the members, because there are tons of scams out there. But if anybody would have talked to me the way some talk to the "new guys" on here, I'd never have returned. All I'm saying is, if you're offering advice to help a member out, then it should appear as such. Not the opposite.

The thing was smartass.... his initial post to sell the glasses was in the "recent pickups" section because he wanted to skirt the rules. Once he made that post, he went on a b.s. post spree because he realized what the rules were. Then, once he got his post count high enough, he made a for sale thread. When I replied to it, enough time had elapsed that he had created the second thread and I posted in that thinking I was posting in the recent pickups thread. So before you go off on another maniac tangent, try to figure out what actually happened.

Also:
"This is an off topic section, and I'm going off topic, so I trust this thread is within the rules!! Let me first say some of you guys need to bend over, yank on your ears real hard, and pull your head out of your arses!!!!! I just got done watching some of you keyboard bullies run off a member for a reason I'm still unaware of lmao listen guys, if you have LDS, and you're trying to compensate for it by acting like a bunch of douchebags, then maybe you are the one that needs to be run off!!!! I HATE people who think their $hit don't stink and they're better than others! News flash!!! You're not!! So stop chiming in like little forum police/detectives!!! If you don't have "moderator" under your name, then stop rambling to newcomers about the rules!!! If you were trying to be polite and explain the rules, you clearly would have just messaged ole boy, but clearly you weren't trying to be polite and offer friendly advice!! You were trying to act like a bunch of jungle monkeys and beat on your chest lmao!! Get a grip guys!!! Seriously!!! And while you're at it, get a piece of ____!!! It'll be a first for some of you I'm sure, but it will be a huge relief for ya LMFAO"

Really? Get *****? That's how you sum up your nonsensical rant? Classy. Aren't you doing the exact same thing you're complaining about? Let the moderators moderate. If they have a problem with what happened, they can chime in. Otherwise, if you don't like the post, stay out of it or become a moderator yourself.

But if anybody would have talked to me the way some talk to the "new guys" on here, I'd never have returned.
Uh, dude had no intention of returning. He clearly stated he had no interest in Oakleys and just wanted to dump these quickly. If you wanna go because your feelings got hurt by the big people words you saw on the big bad oakley forum, go, nothing's stopping you. Carry your ass.

Lastly, guess what I hate? People that talk **** behind a computer. All in good fun tho, right?

This forum used to be fun when I joined last year, such a shame to where it is now with regards to everything...

This forum used to be fun when I joined last year, such a shame to where it is now with regards to everything...

I wouldn't be quick to judge, the forum is still as great as it was a year ago- maybe even better with the amount of dedicated new members!

Once this issue is addressed, we can all move on (whoever feels affected by this issue) and continue being our usual O-obsessed collectors/fans.

Although, I think this raised 'issue' might've happened on the O-Review a while ago and that's why it stopped being open to the general public. Do stop me if I'm wrong, I don't know much the OR history...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back