• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal demographic question

I'm 34 now and got my first pair of X-Metals back in 2003 when I picked up a Ducati Juliet but I got into Oakley's back in 1997 when I purchased an Eye jacket. Since then I have bought and sold many, many pairs. Currently I have 4 pairs of Romeo 1, 1 pair of Romeo 2, 5 pairs of XX and 4 pairs of Juliets. I do occasionally see people wearing X-Metals in the wild, most recently a few months ago I came across a guy wearing a plasma/fire Juliet.

42 got my first pair of a xmetal at 38 40 xmetal pairs later 2 c-sixes numerous Oakley items later. I see a few Xmetal here and there in the wild. I first saw xmetals along time ago and was like bump that too costly.

I'm 32, been wearing XMetals since uhm around 2010-ish. I seldom see people wearing any XMetals, but most of the time when I see someone else wearing one, it's a Juliet.

30 and only seen them a few times in the suburbs of Chicago. Tend to see them at the O Store. Maybe seen 4-5 around in the past decade. Bought my first metal in 2011

I'm 21 from Brazil, and here is really commom to see people using X Metals. They are appreciated by young guys, if you want to see them, just go to a funk or eletronic music party. I'm a Oakley fan since I were at school, with 12 years old, and all my friends loved it too. My first Oakley glasses were a pair of fake XX 24k (couldn't afford a genuine one) that I bought at the age of 15. Then I got a pair of Sliver F in 2016, my first genuine glasses, and in the begining of this year I bought my first X Metal, a XM/Dark Ruby Juliet, that I still own.

Little late to this thread...I remember when x-metals came out. Wayyyyy to expensive for my blood. What’s crazy is that the first pair of Oakley’s I ever bought was a pair of the Platinum Fmj/gold iridium minutes for $140 back in 2000.

But never really thought about them til I joined this forum. Since joining in January I’ve owned 4 pairs of Juliet’s and 2 XXs
I was 35 then haha

So I’m wondering what is the average age of collectors ?? I’m 28, and it seems like no one my age has a pair of x-metals...

Also...

Is there anyone on this forum in SC? I live in Clemson (Clemson University Tigers), and I have NEVER seen ANYONE with a pair of x-metals...
I live in West Union and have an X metal XX that is my daily wear pair. im 39. i wore a flak xlj for like two years and went to the Vault store in Dawsonville, GA in spring 2017 to get new rubbers. They were having buy one get one and my wife was buying a cohort, so i got a Badman carbon/ruby. the literature said "X metal" so i started reading, and the internet led me here. then i learned they were not at all x metal or ruby. lol. i had always loved the Cyclops lenses in the x men movies, but never knew they were fugazi until i landed here...and realized @Funky-Trixtar owns them all already. :) I initially tried to buy an x squared which ended up being beat vs the "mint" as described on ebay. asked @Chris A Hardaway like a million questions and @Litos as well. eventually, litos parted with one of his x metal xx. now, when i have to wear o matter, my face feels off. about the only place ya would ever run into me is 7 11 near food lion.lol. but hello from Mayberry, man. there have to be others here.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back