• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal Frames - Arm Swap?

Rare_Earth

Oakley Beginner
Brisbane
I've been stumbling around the forum, trying to find any mention of the practice ( if there is one) of swapping out arms on different models, say hammer-stem for straight, x-squared arms for hammer-stem etc.,
Directions would be appreciated- and yes, I have used the search engine, but obviously not correctly (?).

Has anyone walked this road before?

remove the t6 screw
remove the arm from orbital be sure to hold on the the washers
do the same of the other pair
install stem and washers
install t6 screw

It is very easy as long as your not doing on pennys. just be sure no to over tighten the screw and crush the washers

Thank you for your reply!

Would there be pictures of the beastie, once done like this? Are there opinions to what looks better?

I watched the amalgamation of the hammer stems into the X-metal XX, and the Juliette polished frames,...

Right this minute, I have a pair of X-squareds and a nice pair of R1's sitting in front of me, and I'm looking at the lovely aesthetic "O (val) " in the x-squared arms, thinking it nicely mirrors the orbital shape on the R1's :cool-20:

There is a thread for this..... But beware not ALL of them are interchangeable...Like the The Penny, X Squared, and Half X

If possible, some directions would have been appreciated to the thread dealing with it- I had possibly an " I.D" 10 "t" error, and failed to use the search engine properly,....

But, on the upside, someone did fork out the necessary coin on ebay, and the X-squared items have been safely packed away afore I molested them with a T6,....

Now, to wander off a lay my hands on two pairs of Juliets, new in their boxes :)

Latest Posts

Back