• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

XS Emerald lenses?

Fakir

The Golden Era is behind us...
A Mountain
So....I picked up a polished XS frame from a notable member recently.
I followed the regular drill of installing rubbers and a fresh pair of OEM emerald lenses only to find that figment on one orbital is off where there is enough gap to not allow the orbital screw to be screwed in.
I brought this to the sellers attention along with pics of the setup and non-conformity.
He has proposed a few options as far as the frame is concerned that I like but I am getting questioned about the authenticity of Oakley OEM Emerald lenses that was always an option as a replacement lens but did not come in any of the SKUs.
I request the forum to confirm there was indeed Oakley XS lenses.
Pics are worth a thousand words (these are not custom cut).
Frame has a SKU printed as does not seem to be a warranty frame.
Tagging in @cacatman @Chris A Hardaway

IMG_2563.JPG
IMG_2564.JPG
IMG_2565.JPG
IMG_2566.JPG

Thanks for the tag, Manish. I don't think you took any exception to my question.

But if you did, I meant no disrespect when asking about whether the lenses were OEM or not in the PM conversation.

I asked the question because I simply didn't realise you were a senior collector, and I wished to eliminate an aftermarket "OEM" lens being the culprit for failing to fit into the frame. Forgive me for my ignorance!!

My question turned out to be as inappropriate and unnecessary as a newbie reminding @Chris A Hardaway to make sure he gets the polarized lens lined up properly prior to cutting, or the newbie who had egg on his face for criticising @GH4AU's pricing for his One Icon coin!

I trust this apology is acceptable to you!!! (If it never was a problem, then it's ok. I'm used to looking like an idiot!!!)

Aged with @THE X-MAN these Xmetals can be extremely inconsistent. The lenses look oem in the picture to the best I can tell. You should consider just having the lens tried down to fit that frame. Knowing the lenses may not for another X-Squared Frame later. Just keep them in that frame and you are fine. This is neither the lens sellers fault, nor is it the frame sellers fault. Xmetals are an expensive little hobby. Best of luck. If you need my help to trim the lens down you can message me. I'll have you send both lenses and the frame. They'll fit perfectly when I'm done with them. You'll have to pay for the service but it won't be bad other than shipping fees of your choice.

It's kind of like putting newer Juliet lenses in an older frame. They don't always fit right. Sometimes they are loose and rattle. If you go the other way they can stop the orbital from even closing.

I could have that backwards but it still applies.

I believe it's one of the reasons that they Incorporated the orbital gasket.... to take up inconsistencies in the casting.